The various ways to get funded for a PhD at SPINTEC
We regularly open PhD positions with readily-available grants based on our own funding. Such positions are advertised below, when available. Besides this, there are a significant number of programs to apply for grants, in a joint project involving the candidate and the laboratory, as listed below. A list of research topics for which we are seeking candidates is updated on a yearly basis, typically during the Fall, to be displayed on this page. The list of topics proposed for Master-2 internships already provides a good starting point.
Some PhD funding agencies
- Doctorate schools. We are mostly connected to the Physis and the Electronics, Electrical Energy, Automatic Control and Signal Processing doctoral Schools.
- Nanosciences Foundation
- LANEF excellence action.
- Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions
- Région Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes
- CIFRE grants, funded with an industrial partner.
Latest positions posted
- PhD position – Spintronics with epitaxial 2D materials and topological insulators [October 15th, 2021]
Spintec invites application for a PhD thesis position in spintronics with 2D materials. Transition metal dichalcogenides (MoS2, WSe2, etc.) and topological insulators (Bi2Se3, Bi2Te3) are graphene siblings holding great promise for semiconductor spintronics. They possess an ...
- [POSITION FILLED] PhD topic – Exploring THz spintronics through spin dynamics in antiferromagnets [February 04th, 2020]
The SPINTEC laboratory in Grenoble, France, is seeking a PhD candidate for a joint application to a specific PhD studentship program. The joint application is to be submitted by March 2020 for a studentship available ...
- [POSITION FILLED] PhD topic – Spintronics with epitaxial 2D materials and topological insulators [April 30th, 2019]
Transition metal dichalcogenides (MoS2, WSe2, etc.) and topological insulators (Bi2Se3, Bi2Te3) are graphene siblings holding great promise for semiconductor spintronics. They possess an intense spin-orbit interaction that couples the electron momentum and spin. This coupling ...
- PhD topic – Spintronics on magnetic skyrmions at Spintec [March 25th, 2019]
Spintec invites application for a phd thesis position in spintronics on magnetic skyrmions. Magnetic skyrmions are nm scale topological spin texture that hold great promise for storing and manipulating the information at the nanoscale. Spintec ...
- [POSITION FILLED] PhD position – Exploring the scalability of spintronics for 3D devices [March 17th, 2019]
Topic Classical microelectronics is reaching its limits of downward scalability, reaching technological or scientific bottlenecks. Magnetic random access memories, based on magnetic tunnel junctions storing and reading bits of information, are emerging key ICT components. They ...