Microwave oscillations of the magnetization around its equilibrium are the natural dynamical response to external perturbations (e.g. thermal fluctuations, microwave fields). This offers the promise for a new class of microwave devices, benefiting from their small foot-print, their ability to be controlled electrically, and their integrability with CMOS technology. Identified devices include local oscillators, microwave filters, detectors, and non-reciprocal devices. Understanding the dynamics of these nano-objects, applying general concepts of microwave oscillator techniques and defining from this novel microwave applications is the major aim of this activity.
Spin Transfer Torque Oscillators
We are realizing and studying microwave emitting sources based on the magnetization precession, mainly in the shape of nanopillars made out of magnetic heterostrucures. This offer the possibility to build new devices for telecommunication in the Ghz range.
- Sylvain MOULIS
- Artem LITVINENKO
- Pankaj ZETHI
- Alumni : A. Ruiz Calafora, K. Jaimes Merazzo, K. Garcia Hernandez, C. Murapaka
- Alumni : Matthieu Favre, Jérôme Hem, Anike Purbawati
- W.E. Bailey – Columbia University (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012), A. N. Slavin – Oakland University (2012, 2013), V. Naletov (2016)
- Post-doctoral position – Spintorque nano-oscillators for smart communication and unconventional computing systems (June 23rd, 2023)
SPINTEC has currently several postdoc positions open to work on spintransfer-torque nano-oscillators based on magnetic tunnel junctions. Spintorque driven excitations within magnetic tunnel junctions show a large range of interesting, non-linear dynamic effects that are ...
- Seminar – Coherent oscillation between phonons and magnons (June 16th, 2023)
On Tuesday, July 25th 2023, we have the pleasure to welcome in SPINTEC Tomosato Hioki from University of Tokyo. will give us a seminar at 14:00, entitled : Coherent oscillation between phonons and magnons Place : IRIG/SPINTEC, ...
- [POSITION FILLED] Postdoctoral position on RF spintronics for IoT (February 09th, 2023)
Context: In the frame a European project, SPINTEC has an opening for a postdoctoral position to develop rf detectors for IoT applications. The project goal is to improve the rf-to-dc conversion efficiency of specific magnetic tunnel ...
- Waking-up wireless sensor nodes with perpendicular magnetic tunnel junctions (December 19th, 2022)
Spin-torque-nanodiodes based on magnetic tunnel junctions are promising candidates for RF energy harvesters and ultra-low power wake-up receivers with performances that are expected to surpass those of semiconductor diodes. Experiments on magnetic tunnel junctions with ...
- Seminar – Nanometer thick Bismuth doped Yttrium Iron Garnet films and their applications (October 14th, 2022)
SPINTEC welcome for a postdoc Lucile Soumah. On Friday, November 18th at 11:00 she will give us a seminar on her previous research (UMR CNRS Thales : PHD and Stockholm Univ. : postdoc) entitled: Nanometer thick ...