Microwave oscillations of the magnetization around its equilibrium are the natural dynamical response to external perturbations (e.g. thermal fluctuations, microwave fields). This offers the promise for a new class of microwave devices, benefiting from their small foot-print, their ability to be controlled electrically, and their integrability with CMOS technology. Identified devices include local oscillators, microwave filters, detectors, and non-reciprocal devices. Understanding the dynamics of these nano-objects, applying general concepts of microwave oscillator techniques and defining from this novel microwave applications is the major aim of this activity.
Spin Transfer Torque Oscillators
We are realizing and studying microwave emitting sources based on the magnetization precession, mainly in the shape of nanopillars made out of magnetic heterostrucures. This offer the possibility to build new devices for telecommunication in the Ghz range.
- Sylvain MOULIS
- Artem LITVINENKO
- Pankaj ZETHI
- Alumni : A. Ruiz Calafora, K. Jaimes Merazzo, K. Garcia Hernandez, C. Murapaka
- Alumni : Matthieu Favre, Jérôme Hem, Anike Purbawati
- W.E. Bailey – Columbia University (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012), A. N. Slavin – Oakland University (2012, 2013), V. Naletov (2016)
- SPINNET – An ANR project (October 10th, 2018)
Overview SPINNET stands for Microwave SPINtronics for Wireless Sensor NETworks. It is a 42-month-long ANR project. Wireless sensor networks WSN are a key technology of the Internet of things (IoT) that couples physical infrastructures with Information ...
- Nonlinear properties of pure spin conductors (June 21st, 2018)
N. Thiery, A. Draveny, V. V. Naletov, L. Vila, J. P. Attané, C. Beigné, G. de Loubens, M. Viret, N. Beaulieu, J. Ben Youssef, V. E. Demidov, S. O. Demokritov, A. N. Slavin, V. S. ...
- Detection of Short-Waved Spin Waves in Individual Microscopic Spin-Wave Waveguides Using the Inverse Spin Hall Effect (June 21st, 2018)
T. Brächer, M. Fabre, T. Meyer, T. Fischer, S. Auffret, O. Boulle, U. Ebels, P. Pirro, G. Gaudin, Nano Lett. 17, 7234 (2017) Detection of Short-Waved Spin Waves in Individual Microscopic Spin-Wave Waveguides Using the Inverse ...
- Enhanced annealing stability and perpendicular magnetic anisotropy in perpendicular magnetic tunnel junctions using W layer (November 15th, 2017)
The stiffening of the perpendicular magnetic tunnel junction (pMTJ) stack resulting from the W insertion due to its very high melting temperature, is the key mechanism behind the extremely high thermal robustness. Thicker W layer ...
- Seminar : Mutual synchronization of spin torque nano-oscillators through a long-range and tunable electrical coupling scheme (November 14th, 2017)
On November, 20, we have the pleasure to welcome Romain Lebrun from University Johannes Gutenberg, Mainz, Germany. At 11H, room 434 A, he will present give a talk on “Mutual synchronization of spin ...