The activity “Magnetic biotechnologies” benefits from the know-how of the laboratory in magnetic materials, nanomagnetism, spin-electronics and nanofabrication. Our efforts are mainly focused towards the fabrication of engineered magnetic micro- nano-particles or devices, designed to apply forces on biological species. Their biomedical applications such as cancer cells destruction or stimulation of insulin production are investigated in collaboration with biology labs.
Magnetic microdisks for cancer treatment
Magnetic microdisks for the destruction of targeted cancer cells induced by their low frequency mechanical vibrations (20 Hz) under alternating external magnetic field. (C.Naud et al, NANOSCALE ADVANCES, 2, 3632 (2020))
Arrays of flexible magnetic cantilevers
Arrays of flexible magnetic cantilevers used as micropumps, microswimmers or for magnetic field mapping thanks to their optical properties (A.Truong et al, Scientific reports 6 (2016) 31634)
- Caroline THÉBAULT(2018-2020)
- Svetlana PONOMAREVA (2017-2019)
- Alain TRUONG (2015-2017)
- Cécile NAUD (2015-2018)
- Projet IRGA MAGCELL 2021-2024
- NANOVIBER ANR/EURONANOMED 2017-2020
- ABIOMATER, H2020 FET Open, 2015-2018
- APOTRIG, Agir PEPS Univ. Grenoble Alpes, 2015-2016
- Nano-Shark, ANR P2N, 2011-2016
- Cible2012, Rhône-Alpes land, 2012-2015
- Biomedial research center
- BrainTech Lab INSERM/UGA (targeted cancer cells and tumor destruction, in vitro & in vivo): François Berger (Neuro-oncologist, tumor nano-medicine), Matthieu Dreyfus.
- Biology Laboratories
- IRIG/SYMMES/LAN (toxicity, cancer cells, in vitro biological applications) Marie Carrière
- IRIG/SYMMES/CREAB (surface biochemical functionalization) Yanxia Hou-Broutin
- Microelectronics technology
- LTM (Force microscopy on cells) Alice Nicolas
- Vibrating magnetic microparticles to stimulate insulin secretion (February 09th, 2023)
In the context of intensive research on treatments against diabetes – major health threat to millions of people, we report here on an innovative approach based on mechanobiology. Basically, chronic hyperglycemia is regulated by a ...
- Masters thesis projects for Spring 2023 (September 21st, 2022)
You find here the list of proposals for Master-2 internships to take place at Spintec during Spring 2023. In most cases, these internships are intended to be suitable for a longer-term PhD work. Interested Master-1 ...
- Biocompatible magnetic microparticles for cancer cells destruction (February 04th, 2022)
We present a new type of biocompatible surface-functionalized magnetic microparticles for cancer cells destruction. The magnetite particles, covered with polyethylene glycol molecules, are shown to favor cell-death via apoptosis when set into vibrations by alternating ...
- Seminar – Understanding cancer cell reactions to mechanical stress : towards new magnetism-based therapies (December 17th, 2021)
On Friday, January 14th at 11:00 Pr. François Berger BrainTech Lab Director Inserm and Univ. Grenoble Alpes will give us a seminar entitled: Understanding cancer cell reactions to mechanical stress : towards new magnetism-based therapies Place : ...
- Masters thesis projects for Spring 2022 (September 17th, 2021)
You find here the list of proposals for Master-2 internships to take place at Spintec during Spring 2022. In most cases, these internships are intended to be suitable for a longer-term PhD work. Interested Master-1 ...