From new concepts to devices : we are exploring new concepts in spintronics based on spin dependent transport with various systems; structure inversion asymmetry (spin orbit torques, Rashba effect, Spin Hall Effect, Topological Insulators), and alternative geometries in order to develop innovative architectures of devices.
Spin Orbit Torques
We aim at understanding and mastering spin orbit torques for efficient and deterministic magnetization switching with in plane currents.
We develop electrically addressable non-volatile memories combining high speed and infinite endurance.
- Thomas BRÄCHER (2015-2017)
- Murat CUBUKCU (2012-2015)
- Before 2012:Mario Aurino, Karol Marty, Yasmina Hadj Larbi
- Soong-Gun JE (2016-2018)
- Haozhe YANG (2016-2019)
- Alexandre MOUILLON (2014-2018)
- Defended before 2016: Alexandru Trifou, Emilie Jue, Alexandre Lopez, Marc Drouard
- Mohamed Ali NSIBI (2014-2018)
- Jayshankar NATH (2015-2018)
- Roméo JUGE (2016-2019)
- Pyunghwa JANG (visitor from Korea Univ., 2018-2020)
- DARPA (2018-2021)
- ANR SkyLogic JCJC, O. Boulle (2018-2021)
- ERC Smart Design, M. Miron (2015-2020)
- EU SPOT (2013-2016)
- Néel Institut, Grenoble (France)
- Unité Mixte Physique CNRS/Thalès, Palaiseau (France)
- Laboratoire de Physique des Solides, Orsay (France)
- Antaios, Grenoble (France)
- CEA/LETI Grenoble (France)
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (Germany)
- National Center for Scientific Research, Demokritos (Greece)
- Catalan Institute of Nanotechnology, Barcelona (Spain)
- University of Barcelona, (Spain)
- In Silicio, (France)
- Singulus (Germany)
- Mainz (Germany)
- Masters thesis projects for Spring 2022 (September 17th, 2021)
You find here the list of proposals for Master-2 internships to take place at Spintec during Spring 2022. In most cases, these internships are intended to be suitable for a longer-term PhD work. Interested Master-1 ...
- Helium ions put skyrmions on the track (May 20th, 2021)
Magnetic skyrmions are local twists of the magnetization which hold promise as nm scale information carrier. Here we demonstrate that focused He+-ion irradiation can be used to create and guide skyrmions in magnetic tracks. ...
- Highlights of SPINTEC research in 2020 (December 10th, 2020)
The research highlights of SPINTEC over the year 2020 have been put together, and are available to download: http://www.spintec.fr/spintec-annual-booklets. This booklet contains the key facts of the lab over the period (contracts, new staff etc.), the ...
- SOFT – ERC Proof of Concept grant (November 24th, 2020)
Non-volatility is the main physical feature that fast memories, such as SRAM, are still lacking. Such memories could increase computing performance while reducing significantly the power consumption. The only viable option for sub-ns nonvolatile memory ...
- Unveiling the heart of magnetic memory cells thanks to electron holography (November 10th, 2020)
Magnetic spintronic memory called STT-MRAM have recently entered in volume production at major microelectronic foundries. The research in this area is now focused on preparing the future memory generations with higher capacity, higher speed, lower ...