From new concepts to devices : we are exploring new concepts in spintronics based on spin dependent transport with various systems; structure inversion asymmetry (spin orbit torques, Rashba effect, Spin Hall Effect, Topological Insulators), and alternative geometries in order to develop innovative architectures of devices.
Spin Orbit Torques
We aim at understanding and mastering spin orbit torques for efficient and deterministic magnetization switching with in plane currents.
We develop electrically addressable non-volatile memories combining high speed and infinite endurance.
- Thomas BRÄCHER (2015-2017)
- Murat CUBUKCU (2012-2015)
- Before 2012:Mario Aurino, Karol Marty, Yasmina Hadj Larbi
- Soong-Gun JE (2016-2018)
- Haozhe YANG (2016-2019)
- Alexandre MOUILLON (2014-2018)
- Defended before 2016: Alexandru Trifou, Emilie Jue, Alexandre Lopez, Marc Drouard
- Mohamed Ali NSIBI (2014-2018)
- Jayshankar NATH (2015-2018)
- Roméo JUGE (2016-2019)
- Pyunghwa JANG (visitor from Korea Univ., 2018-2020)
- DARPA (2018-2021)
- ANR SkyLogic JCJC, O. Boulle (2018-2021)
- ERC Smart Design, M. Miron (2015-2020)
- EU SPOT (2013-2016)
- Néel Institut, Grenoble (France)
- Unité Mixte Physique CNRS/Thalès, Palaiseau (France)
- Laboratoire de Physique des Solides, Orsay (France)
- Antaios, Grenoble (France)
- CEA/LETI Grenoble (France)
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (Germany)
- National Center for Scientific Research, Demokritos (Greece)
- Catalan Institute of Nanotechnology, Barcelona (Spain)
- University of Barcelona, (Spain)
- In Silicio, (France)
- Singulus (Germany)
- Mainz (Germany)
- Seminar – SOT-MRAM: from fundamentals to large scale technology integration (June 14th, 2019)
On Monday July 1 at 14:00 we have the pleasure to welcome Kevin Garello from Imec, Belgium. He will give us a seminar at CEA/IRIG, Bat 1005, room 445 entitled : SOT-MRAM: from fundamentals to large ...
- PHD Defense – Spin-orbit torques in an ultra-thin ferromagnetic metal layer between two oxides: quantum confinement and Rashba effect (June 05th, 2019)
On Tuesday 9th of July at 14h00 Alexandre MOUILLON from SPINTEC will defend his PHD entitled : Spin-orbit torques in an ultra-thin ferromagnetic metal layer between two oxides: quantum confinement and Rashba effect Place : CEA 17 ...
- Seminar – Chiral magnetism controlled by spin-orbit torques and spin-torque nano-oscillators: From magnetic memories to neuromorphic computing (May 29th, 2019)
On Monday June 24 at 14:00 we have the pleasure to welcome Jacob Torrejon from SPEC, CEA Saclay, France. He will give us a seminar at CEA/IRIG, Bat 1005, room 445 entitled : Chiral magnetism controlled ...
- Seminar – Spin-Orbit Coupling effects in Antiferromagnets: From the spin Hall effect to electrical and optical writing and reading of reversed Néel vector states in a collinear antiferromagnet (May 09th, 2019)
On Monday May 27 at 14:00 we have the pleasure to welcome Joerg Wunderlich from Hitachi Cambridge Laboratory, University of Cambridge (UK), he will give us a seminar at CEA/IRIG, Bat 1005, room 445 entitled ...
- PhD topic – Spintronics on magnetic skyrmions at Spintec (March 25th, 2019)
Spintec invites application for a phd thesis position in spintronics on magnetic skyrmions. Magnetic skyrmions are nm scale topological spin texture that hold great promise for storing and manipulating the information at the nanoscale. Spintec ...