Microwave oscillations of the magnetization around its equilibrium are the natural dynamical response to external perturbations (e.g. thermal fluctuations, microwave fields). This offers the promise for a new class of microwave devices, benefiting from their small foot-print, their ability to be controlled electrically, and their integrability with CMOS technology. Identified devices include local oscillators, microwave filters, detectors, and non-reciprocal devices. Understanding the dynamics of these nano-objects, applying general concepts of microwave oscillator techniques and defining from this novel microwave applications is the major aim of this activity.
Magnons are the quasi-particles associated to the collective excitations of spins. Mode engineering and transfer of angular momentum by magnonics current are some of our key ongoing research activities.
- Artem LITVINENKO
- Nicolas Thiery
- Alumni : Kyota Watanabe (GP-Spin program)
- W.E. Bailey – Columbia University (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012), A. N. Slavin – Oakland University (2012, 2013), V. Naletov (2016)
- Two poster awards for SPINTEC at Colloque Louis Néel 2023 (November 22nd, 2023)
Congratulation to Eric Clot and Libor Vojacek, PhD candidates at SPINTEC who won two out of the six best poster awards at Colloque Louis Néel 2023. Their contributions were Development of a NV-center microscope for ...
- seminar – Magnon Angular Momenta (September 25th, 2023)
On Tuesday, October 17th 2023, we have the pleasure to welcome in SPINTEC Thierry Valet. He will give us a seminar at 14:00 entitled : Magnon Angular Momenta Place : IRIG/SPINTEC, auditorium 445 CEA Building 10.05 (access ...
- Bright and Dark States of Two Distant Macrospins Strongly Coupled by Phonons (November 04th, 2022)
A new form of spintronic is emerging, exploiting electrical insulators. Recent spectroscopic studies performed at SPINTEC have revealed the coherent coupling that may establish between two distant macrospins separated by a non-magnetic dielectric spacer via ...
- Masters thesis projects for Spring 2023 (September 21st, 2022)
You find here the list of proposals for Master-2 internships to take place at Spintec during Spring 2023. In most cases, these internships are intended to be suitable for a longer-term PhD work. Interested Master-1 ...
- Seminar – two seminars given at SPINTEC by York University visitors (September 02nd, 2022)
SPINTEC welcome visitors from Department of Physics, York University, UK. Two of them will give 2 seminars entitled: Enhanced magnon transport through an amorphous magnetic insulator (Stuart Cavill) Non-destructive imaging on buried interfaces in spintronic devices and ...