From new concepts to devices : we are exploring new concepts in spintronics based on spin dependent transport with various systems; structure inversion asymmetry (spin orbit torques, Rashba effect, Spin Hall Effect, Topological Insulators), and alternative geometries in order to develop innovative architectures of devices.
Spin Orbit Torques
We aim at understanding and mastering spin orbit torques for efficient and deterministic magnetization switching with in plane currents.
We develop electrically addressable non-volatile memories combining high speed and infinite endurance.
- Thomas BRÄCHER (2015-2017)
- Murat CUBUKCU (2012-2015)
- Before 2012:Mario Aurino, Karol Marty, Yasmina Hadj Larbi
- Soong-Gun JE (2016-2018)
- Haozhe YANG (2016-2019)
- Alexandre MOUILLON (2014-2018)
- Defended before 2016: Alexandru Trifou, Emilie Jue, Alexandre Lopez, Marc Drouard
- Mohamed Ali NSIBI (2014-2018)
- Jayshankar NATH (2015-2018)
- Roméo JUGE (2016-2019)
- Pyunghwa JANG (visitor from Korea Univ., 2018-2020)
- DARPA (2018-2021)
- ANR SkyLogic JCJC, O. Boulle (2018-2021)
- ERC Smart Design, M. Miron (2015-2020)
- EU SPOT (2013-2016)
- Néel Institut, Grenoble (France)
- Unité Mixte Physique CNRS/Thalès, Palaiseau (France)
- Laboratoire de Physique des Solides, Orsay (France)
- Antaios, Grenoble (France)
- CEA/LETI Grenoble (France)
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (Germany)
- National Center for Scientific Research, Demokritos (Greece)
- Catalan Institute of Nanotechnology, Barcelona (Spain)
- University of Barcelona, (Spain)
- In Silicio, (France)
- Singulus (Germany)
- Mainz (Germany)
- Seminar – Nernst effect experiments in magnetic thin films (November 04th, 2019)
On November 28th at 15:00, we have the pleasure to welcome Sebastian T. B. Goennenwein from Institut für Festkörper- und Materialphysik and Würzburg-Dresden Cluster of Excellence ct.qmat, Technische Universität Dresden (Germany). He will give us ...
- Review – Current-induced spin-orbit torques in ferromagnetic and antiferromagnetic systems (September 30th, 2019)
A. Manchon, J. Železný, I. M. Miron, T. Jungwirth, J. Sinova, A. Thiaville, K. Garello, and P. Gambardella. Rev. Mod. Phys. 91, 035004 (2019) Spin-orbit coupling in inversion-asymmetric magnetic crystals and structures has emerged as a powerful ...
- Masters thesis projects for Spring 2020 (September 30th, 2019)
You find here the list of proposals for Master-2 internships to take place at Spintec during Spring 2020. In most cases, these internships are intended to be suitable for a longer-term PhD work. Interested Master-1 ...
- PhD defense – Asymmetric magnetic domain walls motion in a two-dimensional geometry: causes and effects (September 26th, 2019)
On Wednesday 16th of October at 14h00 Mohamed Ali NSIBI, will defend his thesis entitled : Asymmetric magnetic domain walls motion in a two-dimensional geometry: causes and effects Place : CEA 17 rue des Martyrs, bat 1005 ...
- Post-doctoral position in spintronics on magnetic skyrmions at Spintec (August 01st, 2019)
Spintec invites application for postdoctoral positions in spintronics on magnetic skyrmions. Magnetic skyrmions are nm scale topological spin texture that hold great promise for storing and manipulating the information at the nanoscale. Spintec has recently ...