From new concepts to devices : we are exploring new concepts in spintronics based on spin dependent transport with various systems; structure inversion asymmetry (spin orbit torques, Rashba effect, Spin Hall Effect, Topological Insulators), and alternative geometries in order to develop innovative architectures of devices.
Spin Orbit Torques
We aim at understanding and mastering spin orbit torques for efficient and deterministic magnetization switching with in plane currents.
We develop electrically addressable non-volatile memories combining high speed and infinite endurance.
- Thomas BRÄCHER (2015-2017)
- Murat CUBUKCU (2012-2015)
- Before 2012:Mario Aurino, Karol Marty, Yasmina Hadj Larbi
- Soong-Gun JE (2016-2018)
- Haozhe YANG (2016-2019)
- Alexandre MOUILLON (2014-2018)
- Defended before 2016: Alexandru Trifou, Emilie Jue, Alexandre Lopez, Marc Drouard
- Mohamed Ali NSIBI (2014-2018)
- Jayshankar NATH (2015-2018)
- Roméo JUGE (2016-2019)
- Pyunghwa JANG (visitor from Korea Univ., 2018-2020)
- DARPA (2018-2021)
- ANR SkyLogic JCJC, O. Boulle (2018-2021)
- ERC Smart Design, M. Miron (2015-2020)
- EU SPOT (2013-2016)
- Néel Institut, Grenoble (France)
- Unité Mixte Physique CNRS/Thalès, Palaiseau (France)
- Laboratoire de Physique des Solides, Orsay (France)
- Antaios, Grenoble (France)
- CEA/LETI Grenoble (France)
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (Germany)
- National Center for Scientific Research, Demokritos (Greece)
- Catalan Institute of Nanotechnology, Barcelona (Spain)
- University of Barcelona, (Spain)
- In Silicio, (France)
- Singulus (Germany)
- Mainz (Germany)
- Reducing the impact of operating temperature in magnetic memory thanks to perpendicular shape anisotropy (April 01st, 2020)
MRAM is a type of nonvolatile memory that stores the binary information through the magnetic configuration of its main building block: the Magnetic Tunnel Junction (MTJ). In the last decade, the use of perpendicular anisotropy ...
- Post-doctoral position – Current induced dynamics of the magnetic skyrmions (March 26th, 2020)
Spintec invites application for postdoctoral positions in spintronics on magnetic skyrmions. Magnetic skyrmions are nm scale topological spin texture that hold great promise for storing and manipulating the information at the nanoscale. Spintec has recently ...
- Post-doctoral position – Spintronic devices based on magnetic skyrmions (March 04th, 2020)
Design of memory and logic devices based on magnetic skyrmions Spintec invites applications for a postdoctoral fellowship on the design of memory and logic devices based on magnetic skyrmions. Magnetic skyrmions are topological spin textures that ...
- Self-induced spin-charge conversion in ferromagnetic thin films (February 28th, 2020)
The generation of a spin current and its further conversion to a charge current have attracted considerable attention, facilitating advances in basic physics along with the emergence of closely related applications in the field of ...
- Post-doc in spintronics on the modeling of magnetic skyrmions (December 16th, 2019)
Contract Period : 24 months Expected date of employment : 1 March 2020 Mission: Spintec is calling for applications for a postdoctoral fellowship in spintronics on magnetic skyrmions. Magnetic skyrmions are topological spin textures that are ...