From new concepts to devices : we are exploring new concepts in spintronics based on spin dependent transport with various systems; structure inversion asymmetry (spin orbit torques, Rashba effect, Spin Hall Effect, Topological Insulators), and alternative geometries in order to develop innovative architectures of devices.
Spin Orbit Torques
We aim at understanding and mastering spin orbit torques for efficient and deterministic magnetization switching with in plane currents.
We develop electrically addressable non-volatile memories combining high speed and infinite endurance.
- Thomas BRÄCHER (2015-2017)
- Murat CUBUKCU (2012-2015)
- Before 2012:Mario Aurino, Karol Marty, Yasmina Hadj Larbi
- Soong-Gun JE (2016-2018)
- Haozhe YANG (2016-2019)
- Alexandre MOUILLON (2014-2018)
- Defended before 2016: Alexandru Trifou, Emilie Jue, Alexandre Lopez, Marc Drouard
- Mohamed Ali NSIBI (2014-2018)
- Jayshankar NATH (2015-2018)
- Roméo JUGE (2016-2019)
- Pyunghwa JANG (visitor from Korea Univ., 2018-2020)
- DARPA (2018-2021)
- ANR SkyLogic JCJC, O. Boulle (2018-2021)
- ERC Smart Design, M. Miron (2015-2020)
- EU SPOT (2013-2016)
- Néel Institut, Grenoble (France)
- Unité Mixte Physique CNRS/Thalès, Palaiseau (France)
- Laboratoire de Physique des Solides, Orsay (France)
- Antaios, Grenoble (France)
- CEA/LETI Grenoble (France)
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (Germany)
- National Center for Scientific Research, Demokritos (Greece)
- Catalan Institute of Nanotechnology, Barcelona (Spain)
- University of Barcelona, (Spain)
- In Silicio, (France)
- Singulus (Germany)
- Mainz (Germany)
- Highlights of SPINTEC research in 2020 (December 10th, 2020)
The research highlights of SPINTEC over the year 2020 have been put together, and are available to download: https://www.spintec.fr/spintec-annual-booklets. This booklet contains the key facts of the lab over the period (contracts, new staff etc.), the ...
- SOFT – ERC Proof of Concept grant (November 24th, 2020)
Non-volatility is the main physical feature that fast memories, such as SRAM, are still lacking. Such memories could increase computing performance while reducing significantly the power consumption. The only viable option for sub-ns nonvolatile memory ...
- Unveiling the heart of magnetic memory cells thanks to electron holography (November 10th, 2020)
Magnetic spintronic memory called STT-MRAM have recently entered in volume production at major microelectronic foundries. The research in this area is now focused on preparing the future memory generations with higher capacity, higher speed, lower ...
- Post-doctoral position – Electrical control of magnetic skyrmions (September 29th, 2020)
Spintec invites application for postdoctoral positions in spintronics on electrical control of magnetic skyrmions. Magnetic skyrmions are nontrivial spiral spin textures considered as potential building blocks for ultrafast and power efficient spintronic memory and logic devices. ...
- SOT-MRAM Pioneer Antaios Secures $11M in Funding (September 25th, 2020)
Antaios announced on September 16, 2020 that is has secured 11 million dollars in funding to accelerate innovation and develop new strategic partnerships. Antaios is a start-up founded in 2017 on the basis of a decade ...