The activity “Magnetic biotechnologies” benefits from the know-how of the laboratory in magnetic materials, nanomagnetism, spin-electronics and nanofabrication. Our efforts are mainly focused towards the fabrication of engineered magnetic micro- nano-particles or devices, designed to apply forces on biological species. Their biomedical applications such as cancer cells destruction or stimulation of insulin production are investigated in collaboration with biology labs.
Magnetic microdisks for cancer treatment
Magnetic microdisks for the destruction of targeted cancer cells induced by their low frequency mechanical vibrations (20 Hz) under alternating external magnetic field. (C.Naud et al, NANOSCALE ADVANCES, 2, 3632 (2020))
Arrays of flexible magnetic cantilevers
Arrays of flexible magnetic cantilevers used as micropumps, microswimmers or for magnetic field mapping thanks to their optical properties (A.Truong et al, Scientific reports 6 (2016) 31634)
- Svetlana PONOMAREVA (2017-2019)
- Alain TRUONG (2015-2017)
- Cécile NAUD (2015-2018)
- NANOVIBER ANR/EURONANOMED 2017-2020
- ABIOMATER, H2020 FET Open, 2015-2018
- APOTRIG, Agir PEPS Univ. Grenoble Alpes, 2015-2016
- Nano-Shark, ANR P2N, 2011-2016
- Cible2012, Rhône-Alpes land, 2012-2015
- Biomedial research center
- BrainTech Lab INSERM/UGA (targeted cancer cells and tumor destruction, in vitro & in vivo): François Berger (Neuro-oncologist, tumor nano-medicine), Matthieu Dreyfus.
- Biology Laboratories
- IRIG/SYMMES/LAN (toxicity, cancer cells, in vitro biological applications) Marie Carrière
- IRIG/SYMMES/CREAB (surface biochemical functionalization) Yanxia Hou-Broutin
- Microelectronics technology
- LTM (Force microscopy on cells) Alice Nicolas
- Seminar – Suspensions of micro-fabricated sub-micron magnetic discs – Crossing a river to get water? (June 26th, 2019)
On Friday July 05 at 15:30 we have the pleasure to welcome Leon Abelmann from KIST Europe, Saarbrücken, Germany. He will give us a seminar at CEA/IRIG, Bat 1005, room 445 entitled : Suspensions of micro-fabricated ...
- PHD Defense – Magnetic particles for the treatment of cancer by magneto-mechanical effect, application to glioblastoma (March 14th, 2019)
On Friday 26 April at 9h30 Cécile NAUD from SPINTEC will defend her PHD entitled: Magnetic particles for the treatment of cancer by magneto-mechanical effect, application to glioblastoma Place : Palladium 2 (floor) Maison MINATEC (free entrance) Abstract: ...
- Seminar – Spin electronics for biological signal detection (November 20th, 2018)
On december 05, We have the pleasure to welcome Myriam Pannetier-Lecoeur senior scientist at Service de l’Etat Condensé at CEA Saclay. She comes at Grenoble for the PHD defense of Luc TILLIE at 14H. She ...
- Seminar : Tuning Magnetic Anisotropy in Nanostructures for Biomedical and Electromagnetic Applications (October 15th, 2018)
On Februray, 7, we have the pleasure to welcome in SPINTEC Hari Srikanth professor at University of South Florida (USA). He will give us an IEEE Distinguished Lecture (*) at 11:00, CEA/Spintec, Bat. 1005, room ...
- Masters thesis projects for Spring 2019 (October 10th, 2018)
You find here the list of proposals for Master-2 internships to take place during Spring 2019. In most cases, these internships are intended to be suitable for a longer-term PhD work. Interested Master-1 students are ...