The activity “Magnetic biotechnologies” benefits from the know-how of the laboratory in magnetic materials, nanomagnetism, spin-electronics and nanofabrication. Our efforts are mainly focused towards the fabrication of engineered magnetic micro- nano-particles or devices, designed to apply forces on biological species. Their biomedical applications such as cancer cells destruction or stimulation of insulin production are investigated in collaboration with biology labs.
Magnetic microdisks for cancer treatment
Magnetic microdisks for the destruction of targeted cancer cells induced by their low frequency mechanical vibrations (20 Hz) under alternating external magnetic field. (C.Naud et al, NANOSCALE ADVANCES, 2, 3632 (2020))
Arrays of flexible magnetic cantilevers
Arrays of flexible magnetic cantilevers used as micropumps, microswimmers or for magnetic field mapping thanks to their optical properties (A.Truong et al, Scientific reports 6 (2016) 31634)
- Caroline THÉBAULT(2018-2020)
- Svetlana PONOMAREVA (2017-2019)
- Alain TRUONG (2015-2017)
- Cécile NAUD (2015-2018)
- Projet IRGA MAGCELL 2021-2024
- NANOVIBER ANR/EURONANOMED 2017-2020
- ABIOMATER, H2020 FET Open, 2015-2018
- APOTRIG, Agir PEPS Univ. Grenoble Alpes, 2015-2016
- Nano-Shark, ANR P2N, 2011-2016
- Cible2012, Rhône-Alpes land, 2012-2015
- Biomedial research center
- BrainTech Lab INSERM/UGA (targeted cancer cells and tumor destruction, in vitro & in vivo): François Berger (Neuro-oncologist, tumor nano-medicine), Matthieu Dreyfus.
- Biology Laboratories
- IRIG/SYMMES/LAN (toxicity, cancer cells, in vitro biological applications) Marie Carrière
- IRIG/SYMMES/CREAB (surface biochemical functionalization) Yanxia Hou-Broutin
- Microelectronics technology
- LTM (Force microscopy on cells) Alice Nicolas
- Masters thesis projects for Spring 2022 (September 17th, 2021)
You find here the list of proposals for Master-2 internships to take place at Spintec during Spring 2022. In most cases, these internships are intended to be suitable for a longer-term PhD work. Interested Master-1 ...
- Highlights of SPINTEC research in 2020 (December 10th, 2020)
The research highlights of SPINTEC over the year 2020 have been put together, and are available to download: https://www.spintec.fr/spintec-annual-booklets. This booklet contains the key facts of the lab over the period (contracts, new staff etc.), the ...
- Masters thesis projects for Spring 2021 (September 15th, 2020)
You find here the list of proposals for Master-2 internships to take place at Spintec during Spring 2021. In most cases, these internships are intended to be suitable for a longer-term PhD work. Interested Master-1 ...
- Review — Cancer treatment by magneto-mechanical effect of particles (June 30th, 2020)
Cécile Naud, Caroline Thébault, Marie Carrière, Yanxia Hou, Robert Morel, François Berger, Bernard Dieny, Hélène Joisten, Nanoscale Advances, RSC (2020). Cancer treatment by magneto-mechanical effect of particles (TMMEP) is a growing field of research. The principle ...
- Masters thesis projects for Spring 2020 (September 30th, 2019)
You find here the list of proposals for Master-2 internships to take place at Spintec during Spring 2020. In most cases, these internships are intended to be suitable for a longer-term PhD work. Interested Master-1 ...