The activity “Magnetic biotechnologies” benefits from the know-how of the laboratory in magnetic materials, nanomagnetism, spin-electronics and nanofabrication. Our efforts are mainly focused towards the fabrication of engineered magnetic micro- nano-particles or devices, designed to apply forces on biological species. Their biomedical applications such as cancer cells destruction or stimulation of insulin production are investigated in collaboration with biology labs.
Magnetic microdisks for cancer treatment
Magnetic microdisks for the destruction of targeted cancer cells induced by their low frequency mechanical vibrations (20 Hz) under alternating external magnetic field. (C.Naud et al, NANOSCALE ADVANCES, 2, 3632 (2020))
Arrays of flexible magnetic cantilevers
Arrays of flexible magnetic cantilevers used as micropumps, microswimmers or for magnetic field mapping thanks to their optical properties (A.Truong et al, Scientific reports 6 (2016) 31634)
- Caroline THÉBAULT(2018-2020)
- Svetlana PONOMAREVA (2017-2019)
- Alain TRUONG (2015-2017)
- Cécile NAUD (2015-2018)
- Projet IRGA MAGCELL 2021-2024
- NANOVIBER ANR/EURONANOMED 2017-2020
- ABIOMATER, H2020 FET Open, 2015-2018
- APOTRIG, Agir PEPS Univ. Grenoble Alpes, 2015-2016
- Nano-Shark, ANR P2N, 2011-2016
- Cible2012, Rhône-Alpes land, 2012-2015
- Biomedial research center
- BrainTech Lab INSERM/UGA (targeted cancer cells and tumor destruction, in vitro & in vivo): François Berger (Neuro-oncologist, tumor nano-medicine), Matthieu Dreyfus.
- Biology Laboratories
- IRIG/SYMMES/LAN (toxicity, cancer cells, in vitro biological applications) Marie Carrière
- IRIG/SYMMES/CREAB (surface biochemical functionalization) Yanxia Hou-Broutin
- Microelectronics technology
- LTM (Force microscopy on cells) Alice Nicolas
- Masters thesis projects for Spring 2019 (October 10th, 2018)
You find here the list of proposals for Master-2 internships to take place during Spring 2019. In most cases, these internships are intended to be suitable for a longer-term PhD work. Interested Master-1 students are ...
- Single-particle mass spectrometry with nanomechanical resonators (October 04th, 2018)
Mass spectrometry (MS) is an essential tool in a broad variety of fields, with good efficiency up to the kDa mass range (~10-21 g). We demonstrate here Nano-electro-mechanical systems mass spectroscopy (NEMS-MS) with arrays of ...
- [POSITION FILLED] 24 months post-doctoral position : “Magnetically actuated nanoparticles for targeted cancer therapy” (October 24th, 2017)
The SPINTEC and SyMMES labs offer a 24 months post-doctoral position, starting in early 2018, on the design of magnetically actuated nanoparticles (NPs) for targeted cancer therapy. This work is part of the Nanoviber EuroNanomed2 ...
- Proposals for student internships for Spring 2018 (October 03rd, 2017)
You find here the list of proposals for Master-2 internships to take place during Spring 2018. In most cases, these internships are intended to be suitable for a longer-term PhD work. Interested Master-1 students are ...
- 18 months post-doct position : Magnetically actuated metamaterials for biotechnology applications (July 11th, 2017)
The CEA/INAC SPINTEC and SyMMES labs offer an 18 months post-doctoral position on the development of magnetically actuated metamaterials prototypes for biotechnology applications. This work is part of the ABIOMATER European FET project, with the ...