Microwave oscillations of the magnetization around its equilibrium are the natural dynamical response to external perturbations (e.g. thermal fluctuations, microwave fields). This offers the promise for a new class of microwave devices, benefiting from their small foot-print, their ability to be controlled electrically, and their integrability with CMOS technology. Identified devices include local oscillators, microwave filters, detectors, and non-reciprocal devices. Understanding the dynamics of these nano-objects, applying general concepts of microwave oscillator techniques and defining from this novel microwave applications is the major aim of this activity.
Spin Transfer Torque Oscillators
We are realizing and studying microwave emitting sources based on the magnetization precession, mainly in the shape of nanopillars made out of magnetic heterostrucures. This offer the possibility to build new devices for telecommunication in the Ghz range.
- Sylvain MOULIS
- Artem LITVINENKO
- Pankaj ZETHI
- Alumni : A. Ruiz Calafora, K. Jaimes Merazzo, K. Garcia Hernandez, C. Murapaka
- Alumni : Matthieu Favre, Jérôme Hem, Anike Purbawati
- W.E. Bailey – Columbia University (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012), A. N. Slavin – Oakland University (2012, 2013), V. Naletov (2016)
- Post-doctoral position – Spintronic Spiking Neurons (December 07th, 2020)
In the frame of the French national ANR project SpinSpike, Spintec laboratory is opening a postdoctoral researcher position. The candidate will work in collaboration with UMPhy CNRS-Thales and Thales TRT. The objective is the realization ...
- Pushing the limits of fast swept-tuned spectrum analysis using Spin-Torque Nano-Oscillators (November 16th, 2020)
Recent progress in nanotechnology has led to the development of spin-torque nano-oscillators (STNO), whose time constants, due to their nano-scale size, are naturally of the order of 1-100 nanoseconds. At SPINTEC we demonstrated experimentally for ...
- Masters thesis projects for Spring 2021 (September 15th, 2020)
You find here the list of proposals for Master-2 internships to take place at Spintec during Spring 2021. In most cases, these internships are intended to be suitable for a longer-term PhD work. Interested Master-1 ...
- Review — Opportunities and challenges for spintronics in the microelectronics industry (August 19th, 2020)
The European consortium SpintronicFactory, largely supported by the French laboratories Spintec (Grenoble) and the CNRS-Thales Joint Lab (Palaiseau), publishes in the journal Nature Electronics an ambitious roadmap for spintronics. This discipline on the borderline between ...
- Coherent long-range coupling between spins by chiral phonons (May 04th, 2020)
We present experimental evidence for coherent long-distance transport of angular momentum inside a non-magnetic dielectric via the coupling to circularly polarized sound waves that exceeds previous benchmarks set by magnon diffusion by orders of magnitude. The ...