SPINTEC opens a R&D Engineer position for developing magnetic multilayer stacks on a new fully automated ultra-high vacuum sputtering tool for 100 mm wafers, developed in-house. The work will be carried out within the “Materials” team and in a close collaboration with researchers, PhDs and postdoctoral fellows.
- discussing with the researchers about their needs on materials development,
- depositing multi-layered stacks and perform basic characterisations (Vibrating Sample Magnetometry, Magneto-Optical Kerr Effect, Atomic Force Microscopy, X Ray Reflectometry…),
- discussing on the obtained results and properties,
- iterate on the stack composition and deposition parameters to obtain the sought-after characteristics,
- improving the setup (e.g. simplify maintenance operations, tweak the user interface, introduce new functionalities, …).
The mission will consist in:
- magnetic materials engineering,
- thin-film magnetic phenomena,
- magnetron sputtering deposition technique,
- vacuum phenomena,
- reading, writing and speaking of English: at least B2 CEFR level
- programming in Python language.
The candidate should have a strong background in research on material science and, in particular, knowledge of:
The required skills are:
- handling of materials and samples with cleanliness and purity constrains,
- analysis and interpretation of physical characterization results,
- reading and writing reports and articles, oral presentation of results,
- team working and ability to communicate in a diversely skilled laboratory.
More details here.
How to apply: Interested candidates must send their CV and motivation letter to
firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Starting date: available now