Antiferromagnetic materials could represent the future of spintronics thanks to the interesting features they combine: they are robust against perturbation due to magnetic fields, produce no stray fields, display ultrafast dynamics and generate large magneto-transport effects. In this team, research efforts are being invested in unraveling spin-dependent transport specifities of antiferromagnets. For a review of the team latest achievements, please follow this talk.
Spin and charge transport
Whether spin and charge currents can be injected, transmitted and converted in antiferromagnetic materials, how subsequent variations can be detected, and what is the actual influence of the magnetic order vs. defects are some of the thrilling challenges being addressed, whether it be magnons, single electrons or Cooper pairs.
To what extent and how the magnetic properties of antiferromagnetic materials shall and can be adjusted for use as functional materials in spintronic applications are some of the questions addressed in this activity, whether it be interfacial spin structures or spin textures like skyrmions.
How sub-THz dynamics of antiferromagnets can promote spin pumping, and with what efficiency with respect to the damping parameter and to the transfer of angular momentum from the antiferromagnet are some of the exciting challenges addressed in this activity.
- Olga Gladii, 2017-2019, now Post-Doctoral research fellow at HZDR – Germany
- Guillaume Forestier, 2016-2018, now R&D Engineer at ST-Microelectronics – France
- Miina Leiviskä, 2020-2023, now Post-Doctoral fellow at FZU – CZ
- Floris van Duijn, 2020-
- Rafael Lopes Seeger, 2018-2021, now Post-Doctoral fellow at C2N – France
- Lamprini Frangou, 2014-2017, now RUser Researcher at Pictarine – France
- Pablo Merodio also theory group, 2011-2014, now Research Associate Professor at Universidad Politécnica de Madrid – Spain
- Kamil Akmaldinov, 2011-2015, now R&D Engineer at Crivasense technologies – France
- Laxman Nagi Reddy, 2020
- Rafael Lopes Seeger, 2018
- Jolan Barbançon, 2016
- Lamprini Frangou, 2014
- Nicolas Mante, 2011
- Safeer Chenattukuzhniyil aka. C. K. Safeer, 2011
- Marthe Chamfrault, 2010
- SUPERFAST, ANR PRC, 2022-2026
- MATHEEIAS, ANR-DFG PRCI, 2020-2024
- ASK, PHC France-UK, 2021-2022
- ELSA, CEA exploratoire bottom-up, 2018-2019
- CRG KAUST / SPINTEC / UTEXAS, 2016-2019
- ASTRONICS, ANR JCJC, 2015-2018
- CROCUS Technology, 2012-2015
- Laboratoire IRIG/SYMMES/RICC, S. Gambarelli, Grenoble, France
- Unité mixte CNRS/Thales, R. Lebrun, Paris, France
- Laboratoire national des champs magnétiques intenses LNCMI, Anne-Laure Barra, Grenoble, France
- Laboratoire IRAMIS/SPEC/LNMO, M. Viret, J. B. Moussy, Gif-sur-Yvette, France
- Laboratoire Charles Coulomb L2C, V. Jacques, Montpellier, France
- Centre interdisciplinaire de nanoscience de Marseille CINAM, L. Michez, A. Manchon, France
- TU Dresde / Uni. Constance, S. Goennenwein, H. Reichlova, Germany
- Johannes Gutenberg University JGU, L. Smejkal, J. Sinova, H. Gomonay, Mayence, Germany
- Fritz Haber Institute FHI, T. Kampfrath, Berlin, Germany
- The University of York, R. L. Evans, S. Jenkins, UK
- Catalan Institution for Research ICREA, J. Sort, Barcelona, Spain
- Laboratoire de physique des solides LPS, A. Mougin, Orsay, France
- Laboratoire d’optique et de magnétisme de Bretagne OPTIMAG, D. Spenato, Brest, France
- King Abdullah University of science and technology KAUST, A. Manchon, Thuwal, Saoudi Arabia
- Groupe de physique des matériaux GPM, L. Lechevallier and D. Ledue, Rouen, France
- CROCUS Technology, Grenoble, France
- Seminar – Measurements of spin structures, textures and waves with neutrons (January 03rd, 2022)
On Friday 28 January, at 10:00, we will have the pleasure of hosting a series of 3 online seminars of 30 min + 10 min for questions each, given respectively by Ketty Beauvois (CEA), Stéphane ...
- PhD defense – Exploring novel spin and charge transport mechanism in ferromagnetic and antiferromagnetic spin structures and spin textures (November 09th, 2021)
On Tuesday, November 30th at 13:30, M. Rafael LOPES SEEGER will defend his PhD thesis entitled: Exploring novel spin and charge transport mechanism in ferromagnetic and antiferromagnetic spin structures and spin textures Place : CEA Bat. 10.05 ...
- Seminar – Topological transverse transport effects and non-local magnon spin transport (November 04th, 2021)
On Tuesday, November 16th at 13:30 Richard Schlitz from Magnetism and Interface Physics, ETH Zürich, Switzerland will give us a seminar entitled: Topological transverse transport effects and non-local magnon spin transport Place : CEA Bat. 10.05 Room ...
- Penetration depth of Cooper pairs in antiferromagnets (October 11th, 2021)
Researchers at SPINTEC Grenoble, in collaboration with PHELIQS & CIME Grenoble and LOMA Bordeaux, demonstrated how the superconducting proximity effect can be used to evaluate the penetration of Cooper pairs in metallic antiferromagnets. These findings ...
- Seminar – Functional topological antiferromagnet (September 30th, 2021)
On Thursday, October 7th at 15:30 YoshiChika Otani (*), from University of Tokyo will give us a seminar entitled: Functional topological antiferromagnet Place : CEA Bat. 10.05 Room 445 (limited to 30 persons having a CEA Badge) skype ...