Antiferromagnetic materials could represent the future of spintronics thanks to the interesting features they combine: they are robust against perturbation due to magnetic fields, produce no stray fields, display ultrafast dynamics and generate large magneto-transport effects. In this team, research efforts are being invested in unraveling spin-dependent transport specifities of antiferromagnets. For a review of the team latest achievements, please follow this talk.
Spin and charge transport
Whether spin and charge currents can be injected, transmitted and converted in antiferromagnetic materials, how subsequent variations can be detected, and what is the actual influence of the magnetic order vs. defects are some of the thrilling challenges being addressed, whether it be magnons, single electrons or Cooper pairs.
To what extent and how the magnetic properties of antiferromagnetic materials shall and can be adjusted for use as functional materials in spintronic applications are some of the questions addressed in this activity, whether it be interfacial spin structures or spin textures like skyrmions.
How sub-THz dynamics of antiferromagnets can promote spin pumping, and with what efficiency with respect to the damping parameter and to the transfer of angular momentum from the antiferromagnet are some of the exciting challenges addressed in this activity.
- Olga Gladii, 2017-2019, now Post-Doctoral research fellow at HZDR – Germany
- Guillaume Forestier, 2016-2018, now R&D Engineer at ST-Microelectronics – France
- Rafael Lopes Seeger, 2018-2021
- Lamprini Frangou, 2014-2017, now Research Associate at King’s college London – UK
- Pablo Merodio also theory group, 2011-2014, now Assistant Professor at Universidad Politécnica de Madrid – Spain
- Kamil Akmaldinov, 2011-2015, now R&D Engineer at Crivasense technologies – France
- Laxman Nagi Reddy, 2020
- Rafael Lopes Seeger, 2018
- Jolan Barbançon, 2016
- Lamprini Frangou, 2014
- Nicolas Mante, 2011
- Safeer Chenattukuzhniyil aka. C. K. Safeer, 2011
- Marthe Chamfrault, 2010
- MATHEEIAS, ANR-DFG PRCI, 2020-2023
- ASK, PHC France-UK, 2021-2022
- ELSA, CEA exploratoire bottom-up, 2018-2019
- CRG KAUST / SPINTEC / UTEXAS, 2016-2019
- ASTRONICS, ANR JCJC, 2015-2018
- CROCUS Technology, 2012-2015
- Laboratoire IRIG/SYMMES/RICC, S. Gambarelli, Grenoble, France
- Unité mixte CNRS/Thales, R. Lebrun, Paris, France
- Laboratoire national des champs magnétiques intenses LNCMI, Anne-Laure Barra, Grenoble, France
- Laboratoire IRAMIS/SPEC/LNMO, M. Viret, J. B. Moussy, Gif-sur-Yvette, France
- Laboratoire Charles Coulomb L2C, V. Jacques, Montpellier, France
- Centre interdisciplinaire de nanoscience de Marseille CINAM, L. Michez, A. Manchon, France
- TU Dresde / Uni. Constance, S. Goennenwein, H. Reichlova, Germany
- Johannes Gutenberg University JGU, L. Smejkal, J. Sinova, H. Gomonay, Mayence, Germany
- Fritz Haber Institute FHI, T. Kampfrath, Berlin, Germany
- The University of York, R. L. Evans, S. Jenkins, UK
- Catalan Institution for Research ICREA, J. Sort, Barcelona, Spain
- Laboratoire de physique des solides LPS, A. Mougin, Orsay, France
- Laboratoire d’optique et de magnétisme de Bretagne OPTIMAG, D. Spenato, Brest, France
- King Abdullah University of science and technology KAUST, A. Manchon, Thuwal, Saoudi Arabia
- Groupe de physique des matériaux GPM, L. Lechevallier and D. Ledue, Rouen, France
- CROCUS Technology, Grenoble, France
- Seminar : Spin Transport in Metallic Antiferromagnets IrMn (April 10th, 2018)
On April 23, we have the pleasure to welcome Yan Wen from King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Saudi Arabia. He makes actually his PHD supervised by Xixiang Zhang in collaboration with Aurélien ...
- Review – Antiferromagnetic spintronics (March 12th, 2018)
V. Baltz, A. Manchon, M. Tsoi, T. Moriyama, T. Ono, and Y. Tserkovnyak, Rev. Mod. Phys. 90, 015005 (2018) Spintronics utilizing antiferromagnetic materials has potential for the next generation of applications and offers opportunities for ...
- Seminar : Ultrafast Magnetization Manipulation in Multisublattice Magnets (November 27th, 2017)
On December 4, we have the pleasure to welcome Marwan Deb from Université de Lorraine, France. At 11H, he will give a seminar on “Ultrafast Magnetization Manipulation in Multisublattice Magnets” in room 434A. Femtomagnetism is a relatively ...
- PhD thesis defense : Spin injection, transmission and detection in antiferromagnets (October 31st, 2017)
On Tuesday, the 14th Of November 2017 at 13h30, Lamprini FRANGOU from DRF/INAC/SPINTEC, will defend her PhD thesis entitled “Spin injection, transmission and detection in antiferromagnets” Place : Minatec, 3 parvis Louis Néel Grenoble, amphitheater Palladium ...
- Proposals for student internships for Spring 2018 (October 03rd, 2017)
You find here the list of proposals for Master-2 internships to take place during Spring 2018. In most cases, these internships are intended to be suitable for a longer-term PhD work. Interested Master-1 students are ...