Microwave oscillations of the magnetization around its equilibrium are the natural dynamical response to external perturbations (e.g. thermal fluctuations, microwave fields). This offers the promise for a new class of microwave devices, benefiting from their small foot-print, their ability to be controlled electrically, and their integrability with CMOS technology. Identified devices include local oscillators, microwave filters, detectors, and non-reciprocal devices. Understanding the dynamics of these nano-objects, applying general concepts of microwave oscillator techniques and defining from this novel microwave applications is the major aim of this activity.
Spin Transfer Torque Oscillators
We are realizing and studying microwave emitting sources based on the magnetization precession, mainly in the shape of nanopillars made out of magnetic heterostrucures. This offer the possibility to build new devices for telecommunication in the Ghz range.
Magnons are the quasi-particles associated to the collective excitations of spins. Mode engineering and transfer of angular momentum by magnonics current are some of our key ongoing research activities.
- Sylvain MOULIS
- Artem LITVINENKO
- Pankaj ZETHI
- Alumni : A. Ruiz Calafora, K. Jaimes Merazzo, K. Garcia Hernandez, C. Murapaka
- Nicolas Thiery
- Alumni : Kyota Watanabe (GP-Spin program), Matthieu Favre, Jérôme Hem, Anike Purbawati
- W.E. Bailey – Columbia University (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012), A. N. Slavin – Oakland University (2012, 2013), V. Naletov (2016)
- ANR SPINNET
- ANR MAESTRO
- EU GREAT
- EU MOSAIC
- ANR SPINOVA
- Leti (Grenoble)
- Unité Mixte CNRS/Thale (Palaiseau),
- Service de l’etat condense-CEA (Saclay)
- Univ. Munster (Germany)
- INL (Portugal)
- University of Münster (Germany)
- Oakland University (United States of America)
- Coherent long-range coupling between spins by chiral phonons (May 04th, 2020)
We present experimental evidence for coherent long-distance transport of angular momentum inside a non-magnetic dielectric via the coupling to circularly polarized sound waves that exceeds previous benchmarks set by magnon diffusion by orders of magnitude. The ...
- PhD topic – Exploring THz spintronics through spin dynamics in antiferromagnets (February 04th, 2020)
The SPINTEC laboratory in Grenoble, France, is seeking a PhD candidate for a joint application to a specific PhD studentship program. The joint application is to be submitted by March 2020 for a studentship available ...
- Spintronic memristor based on an isotropically coercive magnetic layer (December 03rd, 2019)
We propose an original concept of spintronic memristor based on the angular variation of the tunnel magnetoresistance (TMR) of a nanopillar comprising several magnetic layers. We have experimentally developed the appropriate magnetic free layer and ...
- PhD defense – Spin transfer in a magnetic insulator (October 25th, 2019)
On Thursday 28th of November at 10h00 Nicolas THIERY, will defend his thesis entitled : Spin transfer in a magnetic insulator (Transfert de spin dans un isolant magnétique) Place : CEA 17 rue des Martyrs, bat 1005 ...
- Masters thesis projects for Spring 2020 (September 30th, 2019)
You find here the list of proposals for Master-2 internships to take place at Spintec during Spring 2020. In most cases, these internships are intended to be suitable for a longer-term PhD work. Interested Master-1 ...