Microwave oscillations of the magnetization around its equilibrium are the natural dynamical response to external perturbations (e.g. thermal fluctuations, microwave fields). This offer the promise for a new class of microwave devices, benefiting from their small foot-print, their ability to be controlled electrically, and their integrability with CMOS technology. Identified devices include local oscillators, microwave filters, detectors, and non-reciprocal devices. Understanding the dynamics of these nano-objects, applying general concepts of microwave oscillator techniques and defining from this novel microwave applications is the major aim of this activity.
Spin Transfer Torque Oscillators
We are realizing and studying microwave emitting sources based on the magnetization precession, mainly in the shape of nanopillars made out of magnetic heterostrucures. This offer the possibility to build new devices for telecommunication in the Ghz range.
Magnons are the quasi-particles associated to the collective excitations of spins. Mode engineering and transfer of angular momentum by magnonics current are some of our key ongoing research activities.
- Chandrasekhar Murapaka
- Ana Ruiz Calafora
- Alumni : K. Jaimes Merazzo, K. Garcia Hernandez
- Matthieu Favre
- Jérôme Hem
- Anike Purbawati
- W.E. Bailey – Columbia University (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012), A. N. Slavin – Oakland University (2012, 2013), V. Naletov (2016)
- Leti (Grenoble)
- Unité Mixte CNRS/Thale (Palaiseau),
- Service de l’etat condense-CEA (Saclay)
- Univ. Munster (Germany)
- INL (Portugal)
- PhD thesis defense : Frequency modulation of Spin Torque Nano-Oscillators (STNOs) for wireless communication applications (July 05th, 2017)
On Monday, the 17th Of July 2017 at 12h00, Anike PURBAWATI from DRF/INAC/SPINTEC, will defend her PhD thesis entitled “Frequency modulation of Spin Torque Nano-Oscillators (STNOs) for wireless communication applications” Place : Amphithéâtre Bergès – Grenoble ...
- Proposals for student internships for Spring 2017 (November 26th, 2016)
You find here the list of proposals for Master-2 internships to take place during Spring 2017. In most cases, these internships are intended to be suitable for a longer-term PhD work. You may either download the ...
- 18 months post-doc position: pMTJs for memory and microwave devices (November 16th, 2016)
In the frame of our H2020 project GREAT we have one open position for a postdoc or term contract for 18 months to characterize the spin transfer torque induced magnetic switching as well as rf ...
- Spin super-conduction in electric insulators. (September 27th, 2016)
Magnonic is an emerging research field, which aims at exploiting the transport of pure spin current in magnetic materials. The elementary excitations are the propagating spin-waves, also called magnons, which are bosonic quasiparticles. The advantages over conventional ...
- GREAT – A H2020 FET project at SPINTEC (June 30th, 2016)
Overview GREAT (European H2020 project) was accepted at the Summer 2015. Its kick-off meeting took place at SPINTEC in Grenoble on February 22nd-23rd 2016. The project aims at developing magnetic stacks able to equally perform memory, radio-frequency ...