Microwave oscillations of the magnetization around its equilibrium are the natural dynamical response to external perturbations (e.g. thermal fluctuations, microwave fields). This offer the promise for a new class of microwave devices, benefiting from their small foot-print, their ability to be controlled electrically, and their integrability with CMOS technology. Identified devices include local oscillators, microwave filters, detectors, and non-reciprocal devices. Understanding the dynamics of these nano-objects, applying general concepts of microwave oscillator techniques and defining from this novel microwave applications is the major aim of this activity.
Spin Transfer Torque Oscillators
We are realizing and studying microwave emitting sources based on the magnetization precession, mainly in the shape of nanopillars made out of magnetic heterostrucures. This offer the possibility to build new devices for telecommunication in the Ghz range.
Magnons are the quasi-particles associated to the collective excitations of spins. Mode engineering and transfer of angular momentum by magnonics current are some of our key ongoing research activities.
- Chandrasekhar Murapaka
- Alumni : A. Ruiz Calafora, K. Jaimes Merazzo, K. Garcia Hernandez
- Kyota Watanabe (GP-Spin program)
- Matthieu Favre
- Jérôme Hem
- Anike Purbawati
- W.E. Bailey – Columbia University (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012), A. N. Slavin – Oakland University (2012, 2013), V. Naletov (2016)
- Leti (Grenoble)
- Unité Mixte CNRS/Thale (Palaiseau),
- Service de l’etat condense-CEA (Saclay)
- Univ. Munster (Germany)
- INL (Portugal)
- University of Münster (Germany)
- Oakland University (United States of America)
- Post-Doctoral or Clean Room Engineer Position (October 23rd, 2018)
In the frame of the French national ANR project “SPINNET”, SPINTEC is offering an 18 month postdoctoral or clean room engineer position for the nanofabrication of arrays of vortex based spin torque oscillator devices. The ...
- Masters thesis projects for Spring 2019 (October 10th, 2018)
You find here the list of proposals for Master-2 internships to take place during Spring 2019. In most cases, these internships are intended to be suitable for a longer-term PhD work. Interested Master-1 students are ...
- SPINNET – An ANR project (October 10th, 2018)
Overview SPINNET stands for Microwave SPINtronics for Wireless Sensor NETworks. It is a 42-month-long ANR project. Wireless sensor networks WSN are a key technology of the Internet of things (IoT) that couples physical infrastructures with Information ...
- MAESTRO – An ANR project (August 27th, 2018)
Magnon-spintronics aspires to become a novel information technology exploiting the spin degree of freedom. The goal of MAESTRO (2018-2021) is to masterize spin-wave (SW) turbulences occurring in low loss magnetic materials, whose benefit is to ...
- Nonlinear properties of pure spin conductors (June 21st, 2018)
N. Thiery, A. Draveny, V. V. Naletov, L. Vila, J. P. Attané, C. Beigné, G. de Loubens, M. Viret, N. Beaulieu, J. Ben Youssef, V. E. Demidov, S. O. Demokritov, A. N. Slavin, V. S. ...