Microwave oscillations of the magnetization around its equilibrium are the natural dynamical response to external perturbations (e.g. thermal fluctuations, microwave fields). This offer the promise for a new class of microwave devices, benefiting from their small foot-print, their ability to be controlled electrically, and their integrability with CMOS technology. Identified devices include local oscillators, microwave filters, detectors, and non-reciprocal devices. Understanding the dynamics of these nano-objects, applying general concepts of microwave oscillator techniques and defining from this novel microwave applications is the major aim of this activity.
Spin Transfer Torque Oscillators
We are realizing and studying microwave emitting sources based on the magnetization precession, mainly in the shape of nanopillars made out of magnetic heterostrucures. This offer the possibility to build new devices for telecommunication in the Ghz range.
Magnons are the quasi-particles associated to the collective excitations of spins. Mode engineering and transfer of angular momentum by magnonics current are some of our key ongoing research activities.
- Chandrasekhar Murapaka
- Alumni : A. Ruiz Calafora, K. Jaimes Merazzo, K. Garcia Hernandez
- Kyota Watanabe (GP-Spin program)
- Matthieu Favre
- Jérôme Hem
- Anike Purbawati
- W.E. Bailey – Columbia University (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012), A. N. Slavin – Oakland University (2012, 2013), V. Naletov (2016)
- Leti (Grenoble)
- Unité Mixte CNRS/Thale (Palaiseau),
- Service de l’etat condense-CEA (Saclay)
- Univ. Munster (Germany)
- INL (Portugal)
- PhD thesis defense : Synchronization mechanisms of spin transfer oscillators (January 11th, 2018)
On Thursday, the 08th Of February 2018 at 13h30, Jérôme HEM from DRF/INAC/SPINTEC, will defend his PhD thesis entitled “Synchronization mechanisms of spin transfer oscillators” Place : GreEn-ER area, Amphitheater 2B010 – 21 Avenue des Martyrs, ...
- Enhanced annealing stability and perpendicular magnetic anisotropy in perpendicular magnetic tunnel junctions using W layer (November 15th, 2017)
The stiffening of the perpendicular magnetic tunnel junction (pMTJ) stack resulting from the W insertion due to its very high melting temperature, is the key mechanism behind the extremely high thermal robustness. Thicker W layer ...
- Seminar : Mutual synchronization of spin torque nano-oscillators through a long-range and tunable electrical coupling scheme (November 14th, 2017)
On November, 20, we have the pleasure to welcome Romain Lebrun from University Johannes Gutenberg, Mainz, Germany. At 11H, room 434 A, he will present give a talk on “Mutual synchronization of spin ...
- A Novel Asynchronous Radiation-Hard Error Correction Structure Based on MRAM (October 19th, 2017)
Radiation robust circuit design for harsh environments like space is a big challenge for IC design and embedded systems. As circuits become more and more complex and CMOS processes get denser and smaller, their immunity ...
- Proposals for student internships for Spring 2018 (October 03rd, 2017)
You find here the list of proposals for Master-2 internships to take place during Spring 2018. In most cases, these internships are intended to be suitable for a longer-term PhD work. Interested Master-1 students are ...