From new concepts to devices : exploring new concepts in spintronics based on spin dependent transport with various systems : structure inversion asymmetry (spin orbit torques, Rashba effect, Spin Hall Effect, Topological Insulators), and alternative geometries in order to develop innovative architectures of devices.
Spin Orbit Torques
To understand and master spin orbit torques for efficient and deterministic magnetization switching with in plane currents.
Spin to charge inter-conversion
To study different mechanisms to inter-convert spin and charge currents using the spin orbit interaction: Spin Hall effect, Rashba effect at interfaces and surfaces of Topological insulators.
Developing an electrically addressable non-volatile memory combining high speed and infinite endurance.
Novel devices and concepts
To study spin dependent transport and pure spin current physics in lateral spin valves as well as novel ways to tailor the magnetic states of nanomagnets, like magnetic origamis.
- Soong-Gun JE (2016-2018)
- Haozhe YANG (2016-2019)
- Thomas BRÄCHER (2015-2017)
- Yu FU (2015-2016)
- Murat CUBUKCU (2012-2015)
- Juan Carlos ROJAS SANCHEZ (2010-2013)
- Before 2012:Mario Aurino, Karol Marty, Yasmina Hadj Larbi
- Alexandre MOUILLON (2014-2017)
- Mohamed Ali NSIBI (2014-2017)
- Gilles ZHAND (2014-2017)
- Toshiki GUSHI (exchange program Univ. Tsukuba 2017-2018)
- Jayshankar NATH (2015-2018)
- Paul NOEL (2016-2019)
- Roméo JUGE (2016-2019)
- Tuong Van PHAM (2014-2017)
- Defended before 2014: Emilie Jue, Alexandre Lopez, Marc Drouard
- ANR OISO (2017-2021)
- ANR TOPRISE (2016-2019)
- ANR SOSPIN (2013-2017)
- EU SPOT (2013-2016)
- Néel Institut, Grenoble (France)
- Unité Mixte Physique CNRS/Thalès, Palaiseau (France)
- Laboratoire de Physique des Solides, Orsay (France)
- CEA/LETI Grenoble (France)
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (Germany)
- National Center for Scientific Research, Demokritos (Greece)
- Catalan Institute of Nanotechnology, Barcelona (Spain)
- University of Barcelona, (Spain)
- In Silicio, (France)
- Singulus (Germany)
- Seminar : The Hall Effects Edwin Hall Never Imagined (August 28th, 2017)
On September, 28, we will have the pleasure to welcome Xiaofeng Jin from Fudan University, China in Spintec. At 11H, we will give his IEEE Distinguished lecture on “The Hall Effects Edwin Hall Never Imagined” in ...
- OISO – An ANR project (August 23rd, 2017)
The ANR project OISO (OxIde-based SpinOrbitronics) explores the potential of transition metal oxide (TMO) perovskites for SpinOrbitronics. SpinOrbitronics exploits the spin-orbit coupling (SOC) to obtain spin currents without ferromagnets (FM), more efficient torques to switch ...
- PhD defense : Spin orbit torques measurements in Pt-based heavy metal / Ferromagnet heterostructures with in-plane magnetic anisotropy (June 07th, 2017)
On Friday, the 16th Of June 2017 at 14h00, Alexandru TRIFU from CEA (DRF/INAC/SPINTEC), will defend his PhD thesis entitled “Spin orbit torques measurements in Pt-based heavy metal / Ferromagnet heterostructures with in-plane magnetic anisotropy” Place ...
- Poster and talk prizes at Intermag Dublin (May 03rd, 2017)
Nearly twenty scientists from SPINTEC participated in Intermag Dublin (24-28 April 2017), among which two thirds were PhD students and post-docs. Paul Noël was awarded a session poster prize (Large and tunable spin Hall angles ...
- PhD defense : Ferromagnetic/nonmagnetic nanostructures for the electrical measurement of the spin Hall effect and the detection of domain walls (April 27th, 2017)
On Friday, the 12th Of May 2017 at 10h00, Van Tuong PHAM from UGA (DRF/INAC/SPINTEC), will defend his PhD thesis entitled “Ferromagnetic/nonmagnetic nanostructures for the electrical measurement of the spin Hall effect and the detection ...