From new concepts to devices : exploring new concepts in spintronics based on spin dependent transport with various systems : structure inversion asymmetry (spin orbit torques, Rashba effect, Spin Hall Effect, Topological Insulators), and alternative geometries in order to develop innovative architectures of devices.
Spin Orbit Torques
To understand and master spin orbit torques for efficient and deterministic magnetization switching with in plane currents.
Spin to charge inter-conversion
To study different mechanisms to inter-convert spin and charge currents using the spin orbit interaction: Spin Hall effect, Rashba effect at interfaces and surfaces of Topological insulators.
Developing an electrically addressable non-volatile memory combining high speed and infinite endurance.
Novel devices and concepts
To study spin dependent transport and pure spin current physics in lateral spin valves as well as novel ways to tailor the magnetic states of nanomagnets, like magnetic origamis.
- Soong-Gun JE (2016-2018)
- Haozhe YANG (2016-2019)
- Thomas BRÄCHER (2015-2017)
- Yu FU (2015-2016)
- Murat CUBUKCU (2012-2015)
- Juan Carlos ROJAS SANCHEZ (2010-2013)
- Before 2012:Mario Aurino, Karol Marty, Yasmina Hadj Larbi
- Alexandre MOUILLON (2014-2017)
- Mohamed Ali NSIBI (2014-2017)
- Gilles ZHAND (2014-2017)
- Toshiki GUSHI (exchange program Univ. Tsukuba 2017-2018)
- Jayshankar NATH (2015-2018)
- Paul NOEL (2016-2019)
- Roméo JUGE (2016-2019)
- Tuong Van PHAM (2014-2017)
- Defended before 2014: Emilie Jue, Alexandre Lopez, Marc Drouard
- ANR OISO (2017-2021)
- ANR TOPRISE (2016-2019)
- ANR SOSPIN (2013-2017)
- EU SPOT (2013-2016)
- Néel Institut, Grenoble (France)
- Unité Mixte Physique CNRS/Thalès, Palaiseau (France)
- Laboratoire de Physique des Solides, Orsay (France)
- CEA/LETI Grenoble (France)
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (Germany)
- National Center for Scientific Research, Demokritos (Greece)
- Catalan Institute of Nanotechnology, Barcelona (Spain)
- University of Barcelona, (Spain)
- In Silicio, (France)
- Singulus (Germany)
- Seminar : Recent progress in experimental graphene and topological spintronics (November 14th, 2017)
On November, 22, we will have the pleasure to welcome Frédéric BONNEL from Catalan Institute of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (ICN2) in Spintec. At 11H, we will give a seminar on “Recent progress in experimental graphene and ...
- SKYLOGIC – An ANR project (November 09th, 2017)
The recent discovery of nanometer-size whirling magnetic structures named magnetic skyrmions has opened a new path to manipulate magnetization at the nanoscale. Magnetic skyrmions are characterized by a chiral and topologically non-trivial spin structure, i.e ...
- PhD thesis defense : Spin accumulation effects and magnetoresistance effects in lateral nanostructures (November 08th, 2017)
On Wednesday, the 15th Of November 2017 at 10h00, Gilles ZAHND from DRF/INAC/SPINTEC, will defend his PhD thesis entitled “Spin accumulation effects and magnetoresistance effects in lateral nanostructures” Place : Amphitheater from CNRS building A-3rd floor ...
- Post-doctoral position in spintronics on magnetic skyrmions (October 25th, 2017)
The recent discovery of nanometer-size whirling magnetic structures named magnetic skyrmions has opened a new path to manipulate magnetization at the nanoscale . Magnetic skyrmions are characterized by a chiral and topologically non-trivial spin structure, i.e ...
- Proposals for student internships for Spring 2018 (October 03rd, 2017)
You find here the list of proposals for Master-2 internships to take place during Spring 2018. In most cases, these internships are intended to be suitable for a longer-term PhD work. Interested Master-1 students are ...