From new concepts to devices : exploring new concepts in spintronics based on spin dependent transport with various systems : structure inversion asymmetry (spin orbit torques, Rashba effect, Spin Hall Effect, Topological Insulators), and alternative geometries in order to develop innovative architectures of devices.
Spin Orbit Torques
To understand and master spin orbit torques for efficient and deterministic magnetization switching with in plane currents.
Spin to charge inter-conversion
To study different mechanisms to inter-convert spin and charge currents using the spin orbit interaction: Spin Hall effect, Rashba effect at interfaces and surfaces of Topological insulators.
Developing an electrically addressable non-volatile memory combining high speed and infinite endurance.
Novel devices and concepts
To study spin dependent transport and pure spin current physics in lateral spin valves as well as novel ways to tailor the magnetic states of nanomagnets, like magnetic origamis.
- Soong-Gun JE (2016-2018)
- Haozhe YANG (2016-2019)
- Yu FU (2018-2019)
- Alexandre MOUILLON (2014-2018)
- Mohamed Ali NSIBI (2014-2018)
- Toshiki GUSHI (exchange program Univ. of Tsukuba 2017-2018)
- Jayshankar NATH (2015-2018)
- Paul NOEL (2016-2019)
- Roméo JUGE (2016-2019)
- Sambit GOSH (with Univ. of Tsukuba, 2018-2021)
- ANR OISO (2017-2021)
- ANR TOPRISE (2016-2019)
- ANR SOSPIN (2013-2017)
- EU SPOT (2013-2016)
- Néel Institut, Grenoble (France)
- Unité Mixte Physique CNRS/Thalès, Palaiseau (France)
- Laboratoire de Physique des Solides, Orsay (France)
- CEA/LETI Grenoble (France)
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (Germany)
- National Center for Scientific Research, Demokritos (Greece)
- Catalan Institute of Nanotechnology, Barcelona (Spain)
- University of Barcelona, (Spain)
- In Silicio, (France)
- Singulus (Germany)
- Mainz (Germany)
Former team members
- Thomas BRÄCHER (2015-2017)
- Yu FU (2015-2016)
- Murat CUBUKCU (2012-2015)
- Juan Carlos ROJAS SANCHEZ (2010-2013)
- Before 2012:Mario Aurino, Karol Marty, Yasmina Hadj Larbi
- Gilles ZHAND (2014-2017)
- Tuong Van PHAM (2014-2017)
- Defended before 2014: Emilie Jue, Alexandre Lopez, Marc Drouard
- TOCHA – A FETPROACTIVE project at SPINTEC (October 30th, 2018)
Tocha for Dissipationless topological channels for information transfer and quantum metrology, is a Research and Innovation Action FETPROACTIVE project funded by the European Commission. The goal of TOCHA, a five years project head by Sergio ...
- Masters thesis projects for Spring 2019 (October 10th, 2018)
You find here the list of proposals for Master-2 internships to take place during Spring 2019. In most cases, these internships are intended to be suitable for a longer-term PhD work. Interested Master-1 students are ...
- Highly Efficient Spin-to-Charge Current Conversion in Strained HgTe Surface States Protected by a HgCdTe Layer (October 03rd, 2018)
We report the observation of spin-to-charge current conversion in strained mercury telluride at room temperature, using spin pumping experiments. We show that a HgCdTe barrier can be used to protect the HgTe from direct contact ...
- Paul Noel, laureate of a best poster prize at JMC 2018 (September 18th, 2018)
Paul Noel was among the 7 laureates of a best poster prize at the Journée de la Matière Condensée, the french conference on condensed matter, held for its 16th edition, at the end of August ...
- Mihai MIRON rewarded with the yearly junior prize of IMT – French Academy of Sciences (August 26th, 2018)
Mihai Miron, junior CNRS scientist working at SPINTEC, was awarded the yearly junior prize of IMT (Institut Mines-Télécom) – French Academy of Sciences. This prize is meant as a recognition for a major contribution to ...