From new concepts to devices : we are exploring new concepts in spintronics based on spin dependent transport with various systems; structure inversion asymmetry (spin orbit torques, Rashba effect, Spin Hall Effect, Topological Insulators), and alternative geometries in order to develop innovative architectures of devices.
Spin Orbit Torques
We aim at understanding and mastering spin orbit torques for efficient and deterministic magnetization switching with in plane currents.
Spin to charge inter-conversion
We study different mechanisms to inter-convert spin and charge currents using spin orbit interaction: Spin Hall effect, Rashba effect at interfaces and surfaces of Topological insulators.
We develop electrically addressable non-volatile memories combining high speed and infinite endurance.
Novel devices and concepts
We study spin dependent transport and pure spin current physics in lateral spin valves as well as novel ways to tailor the magnetic states of nanomagnets, like magnetic origamis.
- Soong-Gun JE (2016-2018)
- Haozhe YANG (2016-2019)
- Yu FU (2018-2019)
- Mohamed Ali NSIBI (2014-2018)
- Toshiki GUSHI (exchange program Univ. of Tsukuba 2017-2018)
- Jayshankar NATH (2015-2018)
- Paul NOEL (2016-2019)
- Roméo JUGE (2016-2019)
- Sambit GOSH (with Univ. of Tsukuba, 2018-2021)
- Pyunghwa JANG (visitor from Korea Univ., 2018-2020)
- Maxen COSSET-CHENEAU (2019-2022)
- EU TOCHA (2019-2023)
- DARPA (2018-2021)
- ANR JCJC, O. Boulle (2018-2021)
- ERC Smart Design, M. Miron (2015-2020)
- ANR OISO (2017-2021)
- ANR TOPRISE (2016-2019)
- ANR SOSPIN (2013-2017)
- EU SPOT (2013-2016)
- Néel Institut, Grenoble (France)
- Unité Mixte Physique CNRS/Thalès, Palaiseau (France)
- Laboratoire de Physique des Solides, Orsay (France)
- Antaios, Grenoble (France)
- CEA/LETI Grenoble (France)
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (Germany)
- National Center for Scientific Research, Demokritos (Greece)
- Catalan Institute of Nanotechnology, Barcelona (Spain)
- University of Barcelona, (Spain)
- In Silicio, (France)
- Singulus (Germany)
- Mainz (Germany)
Former team members
- Thomas BRÄCHER (2015-2017)
- Yu FU (2015-2016)
- Murat CUBUKCU (2012-2015)
- Juan Carlos ROJAS SANCHEZ (2010-2013)
- Before 2012:Mario Aurino, Karol Marty, Yasmina Hadj Larbi
- Alexandre MOUILLON (2014-2018)
- Gilles ZHAND (2014-2017)
- Tuong Van PHAM (2014-2017)
- Defended before 2016: Alexandru Trifou, Emilie Jue, Alexandre Lopez, Marc Drouard
- Post-doctoral position – Current induced dynamics of the magnetic skyrmions (March 26th, 2020)
Spintec invites application for postdoctoral positions in spintronics on magnetic skyrmions. Magnetic skyrmions are nm scale topological spin texture that hold great promise for storing and manipulating the information at the nanoscale. Spintec has recently ...
- Post-doctoral position – Spintronic devices based on magnetic skyrmions (March 04th, 2020)
Design of memory and logic devices based on magnetic skyrmions Spintec invites applications for a postdoctoral fellowship on the design of memory and logic devices based on magnetic skyrmions. Magnetic skyrmions are topological spin textures that ...
- Self-induced spin-charge conversion in ferromagnetic thin films (February 28th, 2020)
The generation of a spin current and its further conversion to a charge current have attracted considerable attention, facilitating advances in basic physics along with the emergence of closely related applications in the field of ...
- Post-doc in spintronics on the modeling of magnetic skyrmions (December 16th, 2019)
Contract Period : 24 months Expected date of employment : 1 March 2020 Mission: Spintec is calling for applications for a postdoctoral fellowship in spintronics on magnetic skyrmions. Magnetic skyrmions are topological spin textures that are ...
- Seminar – Spin Hall magnetoresistance in disordered magnetic insulator/metal heterostructures (December 16th, 2019)
On February 6th at 15:00, we have the pleasure to welcome Richard Schlitz from Technische Universität Dresden (Germany). He will give us a seminar at CEA/SPINTEC (*) Bat 1005, room 445, entitled : Spin Hall magnetoresistance ...