From new concepts to devices : exploring new concepts in spintronics based on spin dependent transport with various systems : structure inversion asymmetry (spin orbit torques, Rashba effect, Spin Hall Effect, Topological Insulators), and alternative geometries in order to develop innovative architectures of devices.
Spin Orbit Torques
To understand and master spin orbit torques for efficient and deterministic magnetization switching with in plane currents.
Spin to charge inter-conversion
To study different mechanisms to inter-convert spin and charge currents using the spin orbit interaction: Spin Hall effect, Rashba effect at interfaces and surfaces of Topological insulators.
Developing an electrically addressable non-volatile memory combining high speed and infinite endurance.
Novel devices and concepts
To study spin dependent transport and pure spin current physics in lateral spin valves as well as novel ways to tailor the magnetic states of nanomagnets, like magnetic origamis.
- Soong-Gun JE (2016-2018)
- Haozhe YANG (2016-2019)
- Thomas BRÄCHER (2015-2017)
- Yu FU (2015-2016)
- Murat CUBUKCU (2012-2015)
- Juan Carlos ROJAS SANCHEZ (2010-2013)
- Before 2012:Mario Aurino, Karol Marty, Yasmina Hadj Larbi
- Alexandre MOUILLON (2014-2017)
- Mohamed Ali NSIBI (2014-2017)
- Gilles ZHAND (2014-2017)
- Toshiki GUSHI (exchange program Univ. Tsukuba 2017-2018)
- Jayshankar NATH (2015-2018)
- Paul NOEL (2016-2019)
- Roméo JUGE (2016-2019)
- Tuong Van PHAM (2014-2017)
- Defended before 2014: Emilie Jue, Alexandre Lopez, Marc Drouard
- ANR OISO (2017-2021)
- ANR TOPRISE (2016-2019)
- ANR SOSPIN (2013-2017)
- EU SPOT (2013-2016)
- Néel Institut, Grenoble (France)
- Unité Mixte Physique CNRS/Thalès, Palaiseau (France)
- Laboratoire de Physique des Solides, Orsay (France)
- CEA/LETI Grenoble (France)
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (Germany)
- National Center for Scientific Research, Demokritos (Greece)
- Catalan Institute of Nanotechnology, Barcelona (Spain)
- University of Barcelona, (Spain)
- In Silicio, (France)
- Singulus (Germany)
- Mainz (Germany)
- Nonlinear properties of pure spin conductors (June 21st, 2018)
N. Thiery, A. Draveny, V. V. Naletov, L. Vila, J. P. Attané, C. Beigné, G. de Loubens, M. Viret, N. Beaulieu, J. Ben Youssef, V. E. Demidov, S. O. Demokritov, A. N. Slavin, V. S. ...
- Detection of Short-Waved Spin Waves in Individual Microscopic Spin-Wave Waveguides Using the Inverse Spin Hall Effect (June 21st, 2018)
T. Brächer, M. Fabre, T. Meyer, T. Fischer, S. Auffret, O. Boulle, U. Ebels, P. Pirro, G. Gaudin, Nano Lett. 17, 7234 (2017) Detection of Short-Waved Spin Waves in Individual Microscopic Spin-Wave Waveguides Using the Inverse ...
- Post-doctoral position in spintronics on magnetic skyrmions (April 11th, 2018)
The recent discovery of nanometer-size whirling magnetic structures named magnetic skyrmions has opened a new path to manipulate magnetization at the nanoscale . Magnetic skyrmions are characterized by a chiral and topologically non-trivial spin structure, i.e ...
- Seminar : Spin Topology for Applications at Room Temperature (March 28th, 2018)
On April 17, we have the pleasure to welcome Professor Christos Panagopoulos(lien) from Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. He will give us a seminar which will take place at SPINTEC room 434A at 11:00 Recent advances in thin film ...
- Seminar: Attosecond science with beams carrying spin and orbital angular momenta (March 28th, 2018)
On April 09, we have the pleasure to welcome Thierry Ruchon Researcher in IRAMIS at CEA Saclay. He will give us a seminar which will take place at SPINTEC room 434A at 14:00. In recent years, ...