From new concepts to devices : we are exploring new concepts in spintronics based on spin dependent transport with various systems; structure inversion asymmetry (spin orbit torques, Rashba effect, Spin Hall Effect, Topological Insulators), and alternative geometries in order to develop innovative architectures of devices.
Spin Orbit Torques
We aim at understanding and mastering spin orbit torques for efficient and deterministic magnetization switching with in plane currents.
Spin to charge inter-conversion
We study different mechanisms to inter-convert spin and charge currents using spin orbit interaction: Spin Hall effect, Rashba effect at interfaces and surfaces of Topological insulators.
We develop electrically addressable non-volatile memories combining high speed and infinite endurance.
Novel devices and concepts
We study spin dependent transport and pure spin current physics in lateral spin valves as well as novel ways to tailor the magnetic states of nanomagnets, like magnetic origamis.
- Soong-Gun JE (2016-2018)
- Haozhe YANG (2016-2019)
- Yu FU (2018-2019)
- Mohamed Ali NSIBI (2014-2018)
- Toshiki GUSHI (exchange program Univ. of Tsukuba 2017-2018)
- Jayshankar NATH (2015-2018)
- Paul NOEL (2016-2019)
- Roméo JUGE (2016-2019)
- Sambit GOSH (with Univ. of Tsukuba, 2018-2021)
- Pyunghwa JANG (visitor from Korea Univ., 2018-2020)
- Maxen COSSET-CHENEAU (2019-2022)
- EU TOCHA (2019-2023)
- DARPA (2018-2021)
- ANR JCJC, O. Boulle (2018-2021)
- ERC Smart Design, M. Miron (2015-2020)
- ANR OISO (2017-2021)
- ANR TOPRISE (2016-2019)
- ANR SOSPIN (2013-2017)
- EU SPOT (2013-2016)
- Néel Institut, Grenoble (France)
- Unité Mixte Physique CNRS/Thalès, Palaiseau (France)
- Laboratoire de Physique des Solides, Orsay (France)
- Antaios, Grenoble (France)
- CEA/LETI Grenoble (France)
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (Germany)
- National Center for Scientific Research, Demokritos (Greece)
- Catalan Institute of Nanotechnology, Barcelona (Spain)
- University of Barcelona, (Spain)
- In Silicio, (France)
- Singulus (Germany)
- Mainz (Germany)
Former team members
- Thomas BRÄCHER (2015-2017)
- Yu FU (2015-2016)
- Murat CUBUKCU (2012-2015)
- Juan Carlos ROJAS SANCHEZ (2010-2013)
- Before 2012:Mario Aurino, Karol Marty, Yasmina Hadj Larbi
- Alexandre MOUILLON (2014-2018)
- Gilles ZHAND (2014-2017)
- Tuong Van PHAM (2014-2017)
- Defended before 2016: Alexandru Trifou, Emilie Jue, Alexandre Lopez, Marc Drouard
- PhD defense – Mechanism of Spin-Orbit Torques in Platinum Oxide Systems (November 19th, 2019)
On Thursday 5th of December at 13h30 Jayshankar NATH , will defend his thesis entitled : Mechanism of Spin-Orbit Torques in Platinum Oxide Systems (Mécanisme des Couples Spin-Orbite dans les Systèmes à l’Oxyde de Platine) Place : ...
- Seminar – Chirality in thin films and multilayers probed by Soft x-ray (coherent) scattering (November 06th, 2019)
On December 2th at 11:00, we have the pleasure to welcome Nicolas Jaouen from SEXTANTS beamline, Synchrotron SOLEIL. He will give us a seminar at CEA/SPINTEC (*) Bat 1005, room 445, entitled : Chirality in thin ...
- Seminar – Nernst effect experiments in magnetic thin films (November 04th, 2019)
On November 28th at 15:00, we have the pleasure to welcome Sebastian T. B. Goennenwein from Institut für Festkörper- und Materialphysik and Würzburg-Dresden Cluster of Excellence ct.qmat, Technische Universität Dresden (Germany). He will give us ...
- PhD defense – Spin transfer in a magnetic insulator (October 25th, 2019)
On Thursday 28th of November at 10h00 Nicolas THIERY, will defend his thesis entitled : Spin transfer in a magnetic insulator (Transfert de spin dans un isolant magnétique) Place : CEA 17 rue des Martyrs, bat 1005 ...
- PhD defense – Dynamical spin injection and spin to charge current conversion in oxide-based Rashba interfaces and topological insulators (October 25th, 2019)
On Thursday 14th of November at 14h00 Paul NOËL, will defend his thesis entitled : Dynamical spin injection and spin to charge current conversion in oxide-based Rashba interfaces and topological insulators Place : CEA 17 rue des ...