Antiferromagnetic materials could represent the future of spintronics thanks to the interesting features they combine: they are robust against perturbation due to magnetic fields, produce no stray fields, display ultrafast dynamics and generate large magneto-transport effects. In this team, research efforts are being invested in unraveling spin-dependent transport properties of antiferromagnets.
Spin transport in antiferromagnetic materials
Whether spin currents can be injected, transmitted and converted in antiferromagnetic materials, how subsequent variations can be detected, and what is the actual influence of the magnetic order are some of the thrilling challenges being addressed.
Magnetism of antiferromagnetic materials
To what extent and how the magnetic properties of antiferromagnetic materials shall and can be adjusted for use as functional materials in spintronic applications are some of the questions addressed in this activity.
- Olga Gladii, 2017-2019, now Post-Doctoral research fellow at HZDR – Germany
- Guillaume Forestier, 2016-2018, now R&D Engineer at ST-Microelectronics – France
- Lamprini Frangou, 2014-2017, now Research Associate at King’s college London – UK
- Pablo Merodio also theory group, 2011-2014, now Assistant Professor at Universidad Politécnica de Madrid – Spain
- Kamil Akmaldinov, 2011-2015, now R&D Engineer at Crivasense technologies – France
- Laxman Nagi Reddy, 2020
- Rafael Lopes Seeger, 2018
- Jolan Barbançon, 2016
- Lamprini Frangou, 2014
- Nicolas Mante, 2011
- Safeer Chenattukuzhniyil aka. C. K. Safeer, 2011
- Marthe Chamfrault, 2010
- MATHEEIAS, ANR-DFG PRCI, 2020-2023
- ASK, PHC France-UK, 2021-2022
- ELSA, CEA exploratoire bottom-up, 2018-2019
- CRG KAUST / SPINTEC / UTEXAS, 2016-2019
- ASTRONICS, ANR JCJC, 2015-2018
- CROCUS Technology, 2012-2015
- Laboratoire IRIG/SYMMES/RICC, S. Gambarelli, Grenoble, France
- Unité mixte CNRS/Thales, R. Lebrun, Paris, France
- Laboratoire national des champs magnétiques intenses LNCMI, Anne-Laure Barra, Grenoble, France
- Laboratoire IRAMIS/SPEC/LNMO, M. Viret, J. B. Moussy, Gif-sur-Yvette, France
- Laboratoire Charles Coulomb L2C, V. Jacques, Montpellier, France
- Centre interdisciplinaire de nanoscience de Marseille CINAM, L. Michez, A. Manchon, France
- TU Dresde / Uni. Constance, S. Goennenwein, H. Reichlova, Germany
- Johannes Gutenberg University JGU, L. Smejkal, J. Sinova, H. Gomonay, Mayence, Germany
- Fritz Haber Institute FHI, T. Kampfrath, Berlin, Germany
- The University of York, R. L. Evans, S. Jenkins, UK
- Catalan Institution for Research ICREA, J. Sort, Barcelona, Spain
- Laboratoire de physique des solides LPS, A. Mougin, Orsay, France
- Laboratoire d’optique et de magnétisme de Bretagne OPTIMAG, D. Spenato, Brest, France
- King Abdullah University of science and technology KAUST, A. Manchon, Thuwal, Saoudi Arabia
- Groupe de physique des matériaux GPM, L. Lechevallier and D. Ledue, Rouen, France
- CROCUS Technology, Grenoble, France
- Self-induced spin-charge conversion in ferromagnetic thin films (February 28th, 2020)
The generation of a spin current and its further conversion to a charge current have attracted considerable attention, facilitating advances in basic physics along with the emergence of closely related applications in the field of ...
- [POSITION FILLED] PhD topic – Exploring THz spintronics through spin dynamics in antiferromagnets (February 04th, 2020)
The SPINTEC laboratory in Grenoble, France, is seeking a PhD candidate for a joint application to a specific PhD studentship program. The joint application is to be submitted by March 2020 for a studentship available ...
- Seminar – Antiferromagnetic Insulatronics: Spintronics without magnetic fields and moving electrons (January 22nd, 2020)
On June 19th at 11:00, Mathias Klaui from Johannes Gutenberg-University Mainz, Germany will give us an IEEE Distinguished Lecture (*) the seminar will take place by video-conference. Contact for the link : email@example.com Antiferromagnetic Insulatronics: Spintronics without ...
- Seminar – Ultra-fast dynamical properties of antiferromagnetic domains (November 08th, 2019)
On November 14th at 11:00, we have the pleasure to welcome Michel Viret from SPEC, CEA, Saclay. He comes at Grenoble for the PHD defense of Paul Noel at 14:00. He kindly offered to take ...
- Masters thesis projects for Spring 2020 (September 30th, 2019)
You find here the list of proposals for Master-2 internships to take place at Spintec during Spring 2020. In most cases, these internships are intended to be suitable for a longer-term PhD work. Interested Master-1 ...