Antiferromagnetic materials could represent the future of spintronics thanks to the interesting features they combine: they are robust against perturbation due to magnetic fields, produce no stray fields, display ultrafast dynamics and generate large magneto-transport effects. In this team, research efforts are being invested in unraveling spin-dependent transport properties of antiferromagnets.
Spin transport in antiferromagnetic materials
Whether spin currents can be injected, transmitted and converted in antiferromagnetic materials, how subsequent variations can be detected, and what is the actual influence of the magnetic order are some of the thrilling challenges being addressed.
Magnetism of antiferromagnetic materials
To what extent and how the magnetic properties of antiferromagnetic materials shall and can be adjusted for use as functional materials in spintronic applications are some of the questions addressed in this activity.
- Olga Gladii, 2017-2019, now Post-Doctoral research fellow at HZDR – Germany
- Guillaume Forestier, 2016-2018, now R&D Engineer at ST-Microelectronics – France
- Lamprini Frangou, 2014-2017, now Research Associate at King’s college London – UK
- Pablo Merodio also theory group, 2011-2014, now Assistant Professor at Universidad Politécnica de Madrid – Spain
- Kamil Akmaldinov, 2011-2015, now R&D Engineer at Crivasense technologies – France
- Laxman Nagi Reddy, 2020
- Rafael Lopes Seeger, 2018
- Jolan Barbançon, 2016
- Lamprini Frangou, 2014
- Nicolas Mante, 2011
- Safeer Chenattukuzhniyil aka. C. K. Safeer, 2011
- Marthe Chamfrault, 2010
- MATHEEIAS, ANR-DFG PRCI, 2020-2023
- ASK, PHC France-UK, 2021-2022
- ELSA, CEA exploratoire bottom-up, 2018-2019
- CRG KAUST / SPINTEC / UTEXAS, 2016-2019
- ASTRONICS, ANR JCJC, 2015-2018
- CROCUS Technology, 2012-2015
- Laboratoire IRIG/SYMMES/RICC, S. Gambarelli, Grenoble, France
- Unité mixte CNRS/Thales, R. Lebrun, Paris, France
- Laboratoire national des champs magnétiques intenses LNCMI, Anne-Laure Barra, Grenoble, France
- Laboratoire IRAMIS/SPEC/LNMO, M. Viret, J. B. Moussy, Gif-sur-Yvette, France
- Laboratoire Charles Coulomb L2C, V. Jacques, Montpellier, France
- Centre interdisciplinaire de nanoscience de Marseille CINAM, L. Michez, A. Manchon, France
- TU Dresde / Uni. Constance, S. Goennenwein, H. Reichlova, Germany
- Johannes Gutenberg University JGU, L. Smejkal, J. Sinova, H. Gomonay, Mayence, Germany
- Fritz Haber Institute FHI, T. Kampfrath, Berlin, Germany
- The University of York, R. L. Evans, S. Jenkins, UK
- Catalan Institution for Research ICREA, J. Sort, Barcelona, Spain
- Laboratoire de physique des solides LPS, A. Mougin, Orsay, France
- Laboratoire d’optique et de magnétisme de Bretagne OPTIMAG, D. Spenato, Brest, France
- King Abdullah University of science and technology KAUST, A. Manchon, Thuwal, Saoudi Arabia
- Groupe de physique des matériaux GPM, L. Lechevallier and D. Ledue, Rouen, France
- CROCUS Technology, Grenoble, France
- Seminar : Ultrafast Magnetization Manipulation in Multisublattice Magnets (November 27th, 2017)
On December 4, we have the pleasure to welcome Marwan Deb from Université de Lorraine, France. At 11H, he will give a seminar on “Ultrafast Magnetization Manipulation in Multisublattice Magnets” in room 434A. Femtomagnetism is a relatively ...
- PhD thesis defense : Spin injection, transmission and detection in antiferromagnets (October 31st, 2017)
On Tuesday, the 14th Of November 2017 at 13h30, Lamprini FRANGOU from DRF/INAC/SPINTEC, will defend her PhD thesis entitled “Spin injection, transmission and detection in antiferromagnets” Place : Minatec, 3 parvis Louis Néel Grenoble, amphitheater Palladium ...
- Proposals for student internships for Spring 2018 (October 03rd, 2017)
You find here the list of proposals for Master-2 internships to take place during Spring 2018. In most cases, these internships are intended to be suitable for a longer-term PhD work. Interested Master-1 students are ...
- A fluctuating magnetic order allows more spins to pass through an interface (February 26th, 2016)
Bringing a ferromagnetic layer to resonance creates non-equilibrium magnetization dynamics which generates a spin current. The spin current propagates from the ferromagnet into a neighboring layer if permitted by the interface. This is equivalent to ...
- Spin dependent transport within antiferromagnets (July 02nd, 2015)
Description Exploring spin dependent transport properties of antiferromagnets and assessing antiferromagnetic spintronics Partners CEA/INAC/SP2M/Nanostructure et Magnétisme, Grenoble, France Michigan state University and University of Texas at Austin, USA Financing Cluster Micro-Nano 2009 ’STARAC’ Objectives The goal of this project is : 1) To better ...