Magnetic sensor with tunable range
Magnetic anisotropy can be controlled by electric field, which could lead to low-consumption devices. Our aim is to enhance the electric field effect by studying different materials. Eventually, this study will pave the way towards a magnetic field sensor with tunable range.
Ultra-sensitive magnetic field sensor
We develop an ultra-sensitive magnetic field sensor able to detect 1pT at low frequency. This sensor could replace the magnetic sensors usually boarded on space mission with a significant weight reduction, or be used for magneto-cardiography.
Magnetic tunnel junctions for sensors
To improve the quality of industrial magnetic field sensors, we develop sensitive and low-noise magnetic tunnel junctions, by addressing the influence of structure, materials and geometry.
- Arnaud PAGEAU (2017-2018)
- Julien VIDAL (2017-2018)
- Titiksha SRIVASTAVA (2015-2018)
- Amandine BOCHEUX (2015-2016)
- Myckael MOUCHEL (2014-2017)
- Marine SCHOTT (2014-2017)
- Paulo COELHO (2014-2017)
- MAROT- CNRS Pre-maturation program (2017-2018)
- UGA AGIR-AutoMag3D (2016-2017)
- ANR-Elecspin (2016-2020)
- Projet de collaboration Crocus
- Projet de collaboration LPC2E
- Institut NEEL, Grenoble, France
- Crocus Technology, Grenoble, France
- LPC2E, Orléans, France
- IEF, Orsay, France
- Ecole Polytechnique, LMC, Palaiseau, France
- GREAT – A H2020 ICT project at SPINTEC (June 30th, 2016)
Overview GREAT (European H2020 project) was accepted at the Summer 2015. Its kick-off meeting took place at SPINTEC in Grenoble on February 22nd-23rd 2016. The project aims at developing magnetic stacks able to equally perform memory, radio-frequency ...
- Magnetic sensors (September 11th, 2015)
Thematic overview Spintec was originally heavily involved in read heads for disk drive, yet this activity all but vanished due to the strong consolidation of the industry, now with only two players with strong internal R&D ...
- Integrated monolithic 3D magnetic compass (September 02nd, 2015)
Integrated monolithic 3D magnetic compass G. Gaudin, Ph. Sabon, C. Baraduc, A. Schuhl, I.L. Prejbeanu We developed a new 3D magnetometer concept, fully integrated, more compact, more accurate and more efficient than current solutions. This magnetometer is ...
- Influence of spin transfer torque on noise in magnetic tunnel junctions (July 02nd, 2015)
S. Petit, N. de Mestier, C. Baraduc, C. Thirion, B. Diény We showed for the first time that the widely studied “spin transfer torque” phenomenon presents a measurable effect below the critical threshold. In the ...
- VORTEX DYNAMICS IN MAGNETIC TUNNEL JUNCTIONS WITH LOW RESISTANCE BARRIER. (July 02nd, 2015)
Description We observe and model the dynamics of a magnetic vortex that circles inside a tunnel junction submitted to a very strong dc current. Partners Institut Néel, Grenoble : C. Thirion Headway Technology, Milpitas, CA-USA Objectives Vortex oscillators could be ...