Microwave oscillations of the magnetization around its equilibrium are the natural dynamical response to external perturbations (e.g. thermal fluctuations, microwave fields). This offers the promise for a new class of microwave devices, benefiting from their small foot-print, their ability to be controlled electrically, and their integrability with CMOS technology. Identified devices include local oscillators, microwave filters, detectors, and non-reciprocal devices. Understanding the dynamics of these nano-objects, applying general concepts of microwave oscillator techniques and defining from this novel microwave applications is the major aim of this activity.
Magnons are the quasi-particles associated to the collective excitations of spins. Mode engineering and transfer of angular momentum by magnonics current are some of our key ongoing research activities.
- Artem LITVINENKO
- Nicolas Thiery
- Alumni : Kyota Watanabe (GP-Spin program)
- W.E. Bailey – Columbia University (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012), A. N. Slavin – Oakland University (2012, 2013), V. Naletov (2016)
- ANR MAESTRO
- Service de l’état condensé-CEA (Saclay)
- Univ. Munster (Germany)
- University of Münster (Germany)
- Masters thesis projects for Spring 2020 (September 30th, 2019)
You find here the list of proposals for Master-2 internships to take place at Spintec during Spring 2020. In most cases, these internships are intended to be suitable for a longer-term PhD work. Interested Master-1 ...
- Seminar – Discovery of quantum confinement effect in sputtered topological insulator films and observation of room-temperature high spin-orbit torque (September 04th, 2019)
On Thursday September 26 we have the pleasure to welcome Prof. Jian-Ping WANG (University of Minnesota, MN, USA). He will give us a seminar at in CNRS Building A at 10am in the framework of ...
- IFW – SPINTEC collaborative workshop (October 14th, 2018)
SPINTEC laboratory and IFW-Dresden have agreed to strengthen their ties through an international collaborative agreement. This takes the so-called form of an International Associated Lab (LIA), supported by both CNRS and the Leibniz Society. Although ...
- Masters thesis projects for Spring 2019 (October 10th, 2018)
You find here the list of proposals for Master-2 internships to take place during Spring 2019. In most cases, these internships are intended to be suitable for a longer-term PhD work. Interested Master-1 students are ...
- MAESTRO – An ANR project (August 27th, 2018)
Magnon-spintronics aspires to become a novel information technology exploiting the spin degree of freedom. The goal of MAESTRO (2018-2021) is to masterize spin-wave (SW) turbulences occurring in low loss magnetic materials, whose benefit is to ...