Our team aims at manipulating spins currents in nanostructures, in particular in quantum materials with Dirac fermions, such as topological insulators or Weyl semimetals, or at oxide interfaces. Some important aspects of future spintronics devices, such as the efficient spin-charge interconversion at interfaces or the ballistic transport of spin states for quantum interconnects, are studied by magneto-transport measurements.
Spin-Charge interconversion by spin Hall effect or Rashba-Edelstein effect, in metals, semiconductors, topological insulators and 2-dimensional electron gas
Control of domain walls and magnetization using spin currents and the spin-orbit coupling
Ballistic helical spin currents in a monocrystalline 3D topological insulator quantum wire, inducing conductance oscillations due to coherent Dirac surface states (Aharonov-Bohm quantum interferences).
- Yu FU (2015-2016)
- Juan Carlos ROJAS SANCHEZ (2010-2013)
- Yu FU (2015-2016, 2018-2019)
- Andrei Mihai (2006-2009)
- Van Dai Nguyen (2009-2012)
- Piotr Laczkowski (2009-2012)
- Williams Savero-Torres (2011-2014)
- Pham Van Tuong (2014–2017)
- Gilles ZHAND (2014-2017)
- Toshiki Gushi (2016-2019)
- Paul Noël (2016-2019)
- Paul NOEL (2016-2019)
- Williams Savero-Torres (2011)
- Gilles Zahnd (2014)
- Paul Noël (2016)
- Maxen Cosset-Cheneau (2018)
- Timothé Faivre (2009)
- Hélène Durand (2005)
- Andrei Mihai (2006)
- Carl Naylor (2011)
- Quentin Thiburce (2013)
- Clément Nguyen (2013)
- Sarah Ferry (2009)
- Cédric Mannequin (2008)
- Quentin Riffard (2010)
- Willy Lim (2016)
- Matthieu Praquin (2018)
- Marie-Paule Okinda (2020)
- Sara Varotto (2019-2020)
- ANR Contrabass (2020-2023)
- ITN H2020 Spears (2021-2024)
- ANR Oiso (2017-2021)
- ISP Idex UGA DOMINO (2018-2021)
- FET Proactive H2020 Tocha (2019-2023)
- IRS Idex UGA (2017-2020)
- Tsukuba University (Japan)
- Unité mixte de Physique CNRS/Thalès (Orsay)
- Néel Institute (Grenoble)
- Leti (Grenoble)
- Institut Jean Lamour (Nancy)
- Leibniz Institute IFW (Dresden)
- Technical University (Dresden)
- Masters thesis projects for Spring 2019 (October 10th, 2018)
You find here the list of proposals for Master-2 internships to take place during Spring 2019. In most cases, these internships are intended to be suitable for a longer-term PhD work. Interested Master-1 students are ...
- Highly Efficient Spin-to-Charge Current Conversion in Strained HgTe Surface States Protected by a HgCdTe Layer (October 03rd, 2018)
We report the observation of spin-to-charge current conversion in strained mercury telluride at room temperature, using spin pumping experiments. We show that a HgCdTe barrier can be used to protect the HgTe from direct contact ...
- Paul Noel, laureate of a best poster prize at JMC 2018 (September 18th, 2018)
Paul Noel was among the 7 laureates of a best poster prize at the Journée de la Matière Condensée, the french conference on condensed matter, held for its 16th edition, at the end of August ...
- Sub-10nm thermally stable Perpendicular Shape Anisotropy magnetic memory (August 24th, 2018)
A new concept of thermally stable and electrically switchable Spin Transfer Torque Magnetic Random Access Memory (STT-MRAM) scalable to diameter down to 4nm was proposed and demonstrated. By dramatically increasing the thickness of the storage ...
- Nonlinear properties of pure spin conductors (June 21st, 2018)
N. Thiery, A. Draveny, V. V. Naletov, L. Vila, J. P. Attané, C. Beigné, G. de Loubens, M. Viret, N. Beaulieu, J. Ben Youssef, V. E. Demidov, S. O. Demokritov, A. N. Slavin, V. S. ...