The activity “Health and Biology” benefits from the know-how of the laboratory in magnetic materials, spin-electronics and nanofabrication. Our efforts are mainly focused towards the fabrication of engineered magnetic micro- nano- particles or devices, prepared by top-down approaches, specially designed for biomedical applications, such as cancer cells destruction triggering, tissue engineering.
Magnetic particles for cancer treatment
A biomedical application using anisotropic magnetic nanoparticles, aiming at the targeted destruction of cancer cells, by triggering their apoptosis / necrosis, thanks to the vibration of the particles attached to the membranes, in low magnetic fields of low frequency (~20 Hz).
Magnetic metamaterials for biological applications
Metamaterials, whose functionality is controlled by external magnetic fields, aiming at biological applications. The materials consist of micromotors or microtweezers, comprising ferromagnetic particle pairs embedded in a polymer matrix, and magneto-elastic membranes.
- Svetlana PONOMAREVA (2017-2019)
- Alain TRUONG (2015-2017)
- Cécile NAUD (2015-2018)
- ABIOMATER, H2020 FET Open, 2015-2018
- APOTRIG, Agir PEPS Univ. Grenoble Alpes, 2015-2016
- Nano-Shark, ANR P2N, 2011-2016
- Cible2012, Rhône-Alpes land, 2012-2015
- Biomedial research center
- CLINATEC Lab/INSERM/CHU/UGA (targeted cancer cells and tumor destruction, in vitro & in vivo): François Berger (Neuro-cancerologist, tumor nano-medicine), Matthieu Dreyfus.
- Biology Laboratories
- INAC/SYMMES/LAN (toxicity, cancer cells, in vitro biological applications) Marie Carrière
- INAC/SYMMES/CREAB (surface biochemical functionalization) Yanxia Hou-Broutin
- TheREx/TIMC-IMAG, CNRS UMR 5525 (cancer cells) Bertrand Toussaint
- Microelectronics technology
- LTM (Nanofabrication using block copolymer template) Ahmad Bsiesy, Thierry Baron
- LTM (Microfluidics) David Peyrade
- Single-particle mass spectrometry with nanomechanical resonators (October 04th, 2018)
Mass spectrometry (MS) is an essential tool in a broad variety of fields, with good efficiency up to the kDa mass range (~10-21 g). We demonstrate here Nano-electro-mechanical systems mass spectroscopy (NEMS-MS) with arrays of ...
- [POSITION FILLED] 24 months post-doctoral position : “Magnetically actuated nanoparticles for targeted cancer therapy” (October 24th, 2017)
The SPINTEC and SyMMES labs offer a 24 months post-doctoral position, starting in early 2018, on the design of magnetically actuated nanoparticles (NPs) for targeted cancer therapy. This work is part of the Nanoviber EuroNanomed2 ...
- Proposals for student internships for Spring 2018 (October 03rd, 2017)
You find here the list of proposals for Master-2 internships to take place during Spring 2018. In most cases, these internships are intended to be suitable for a longer-term PhD work. Interested Master-1 students are ...
- 18 months post-doct position : Magnetically actuated metamaterials for biotechnology applications (July 11th, 2017)
The CEA/INAC SPINTEC and SyMMES labs offer an 18 months post-doctoral position on the development of magnetically actuated metamaterials prototypes for biotechnology applications. This work is part of the ABIOMATER European FET project, with the ...
- Nanotweezers and their remote actuation by magnetic fields (May 23rd, 2017)
We have developed arrays of innovative magnetic nanotweezers or “nanojaws” on silicon wafers, by a top-down approach using the fabrication techniques of microelectronics. The mechanical manipulation of micro- and nanometric objects relies on constantly evolving techniques, ...