The activity “Health and Biology” benefits from the know-how of the laboratory in magnetic materials, spin-electronics and nanofabrication. Our efforts are mainly focused towards the fabrication of engineered magnetic micro- nano- particles or devices, prepared by top-down approaches, specially designed for biomedical applications, such as cancer cells destruction triggering, tissue engineering.
Magnetic particles for cancer treatment
A biomedical application using anisotropic magnetic nanoparticles, aiming at the targeted destruction of cancer cells, by triggering their apoptosis / necrosis, thanks to the vibration of the particles attached to the membranes, in low magnetic fields of low frequency (~20 Hz).
Magnetic metamaterials for biological applications
Metamaterials, whose functionality is controlled by external magnetic fields, aiming at biological applications. The materials consist of micromotors or microtweezers, comprising ferromagnetic particle pairs embedded in a polymer matrix, and magneto-elastic membranes.
- Svetlana PONOMAREVA (2017-2018)
- Cécile NAUD (2015-2018)
- Alain TRUONG (2015-2017)
- ABIOMATER, H2020 FET Open, 2015-2018
- APOTRIG, Agir PEPS Univ. Grenoble Alpes, 2015-2016
- Nano-Shark, ANR P2N, 2011-2016
- Cible2012, Rhône-Alpes land, 2012-2015
- Biomedial research center
- CLINATEC Lab/INSERM/CHU/UGA (targeted cancer cells and tumor destruction, in vitro & in vivo): François Berger (Neuro-cancerologist, tumor nano-medicine), Matthieu Dreyfus.
- Biology Laboratories
- INAC/SYMMES/LAN (toxicity, cancer cells, in vitro biological applications) Marie Carrière
- INAC/SYMMES/CREAB (surface biochemical functionalization) Yanxia Hou-Broutin
- TheREx/TIMC-IMAG, CNRS UMR 5525 (cancer cells) Bertrand Toussaint
- Microelectronics technology
- LTM (Nanofabrication using block copolymer template) Ahmad Bsiesy, Thierry Baron
- LTM (Microfluidics) David Peyrade
- DESTRUCTION OF TARGETED CANCER CELLS (July 02nd, 2015)
Application of bio-functionalized magnetic micro-particles elaborated by the top-down approach Selma Leulmi is a PhD student at SPINTEC with background both in nanotechnology and biology who conducts the study on triggering cancer cell apoptosis. This particular ...
- MICROSWIMMERS (July 02nd, 2015)
Magnetic flagellar artificial micro or nano-swimmers functionalized for biotechnology Description The study, based on a top-down approach, aims at developing a new type of functionalized artificial micro/ nanoswimmers with magnetic flagella, for biotechnological applications. Partners SPINTEC : Nanomagnetism integrated ...
- NANO-SHARK (July 02nd, 2015)
Micro / nano magnetic functionalized tweezers dispersed in solution for biological and medical applications Description A new type of functionalized magnetic nanoparticles is developed, consisting in micro- nanomagnetic tweezers, attached to the substrate or released in solution, ...