The activity “Health and Biology” benefits from the know-how of the laboratory in magnetic materials, spin-electronics and nanofabrication. Our efforts are mainly focused towards the fabrication of engineered magnetic micro- nano- particles or devices, prepared by top-down approaches, specially designed for biomedical applications, such as cancer cells destruction triggering, tissue engineering.
Magnetic particles for cancer treatment
A biomedical application using anisotropic magnetic nanoparticles, aiming at the targeted destruction of cancer cells, by triggering their apoptosis / necrosis, thanks to the vibration of the particles attached to the membranes, in low magnetic fields of low frequency (~20 Hz).
Magnetic metamaterials for biological applications
Metamaterials, whose functionality is controlled by external magnetic fields, aiming at biological applications. The materials consist of micromotors or microtweezers, comprising ferromagnetic particle pairs embedded in a polymer matrix, and magneto-elastic membranes.
- Svetlana PONOMAREVA (2017-2019)
- Alain TRUONG (2015-2017)
- Cécile NAUD (2015-2018)
- ABIOMATER, H2020 FET Open, 2015-2018
- APOTRIG, Agir PEPS Univ. Grenoble Alpes, 2015-2016
- Nano-Shark, ANR P2N, 2011-2016
- Cible2012, Rhône-Alpes land, 2012-2015
- Biomedial research center
- CLINATEC Lab/INSERM/CHU/UGA (targeted cancer cells and tumor destruction, in vitro & in vivo): François Berger (Neuro-cancerologist, tumor nano-medicine), Matthieu Dreyfus.
- Biology Laboratories
- INAC/SYMMES/LAN (toxicity, cancer cells, in vitro biological applications) Marie Carrière
- INAC/SYMMES/CREAB (surface biochemical functionalization) Yanxia Hou-Broutin
- TheREx/TIMC-IMAG, CNRS UMR 5525 (cancer cells) Bertrand Toussaint
- Microelectronics technology
- LTM (Nanofabrication using block copolymer template) Ahmad Bsiesy, Thierry Baron
- LTM (Microfluidics) David Peyrade
- Magneto-optical micromechanical systems for magnetic field mapping (February 17th, 2017)
Magnetic field mapping techniques have continuously been developed due to the necessity for determining the spatial components of local magnetic fields in many industrial applications and fundamental research. Several factors are considered for sensors such ...
- 18 months post-doctoral position: Magnetically actuated metamaterials for biotechnology applications (January 30th, 2017)
The SPINTEC and SyMMES laboratories of INAC (CEA-Grenoble), offer an 18 months post-doctoral position on the development of magnetically actuated metamaterials prototypes for biotechnology applications. This work is part of the ABIOMATER European FET project, ...
- Nanoviber – An ERA-NET project at SPINTEC (November 26th, 2016)
Overview NANOVIBER (EURONANOMED-II ERA-NET project) was accepted at the Fall 2016. Context: Despite the progress of chemo-radiotherapy, molecular and cellular therapies as well as neurosurgery, glioblastoma remains a deadliness disease. Beside drugs, radiotherapy and surgery, “physical” therapies are ...
- 7TH NAMIECEB WORKSHOP AWARD (July 02nd, 2015)
Selma LEULMI a gagné un prix du meilleur Poster, décerné par la Fondation Nanosciences lors de la Journée « 7th Workshop ’Nano & Micro-Environments for Cell Biology’ » du 30/01/2014. Selma LEULMI received the Poster Award ...
- DES VIBRATIONS MORTELLES POUR LES CELLULES CANCÉREUSES (July 02nd, 2015)
En oncologie, les nanoparticules magnétiques sont utilisées pour brûler les cellules cancéreuses. Un nouvel usage, basé sur leur vibration au contact de ces cellules, est à l’étude par les chercheurs du CEA-Inac. Pour un traitement ...