The activity “Health and Biology” benefits from the know-how of the laboratory in magnetic materials, spin-electronics and nanofabrication. Our efforts are mainly focused towards the fabrication of engineered magnetic micro- nano- particles or devices, prepared by top-down approaches, specially designed for biomedical applications, such as cancer cells destruction triggering, tissue engineering.
Magnetic particles for cancer treatment
A biomedical application using anisotropic magnetic nanoparticles, aiming at the targeted destruction of cancer cells, by triggering their apoptosis / necrosis, thanks to the vibration of the particles attached to the membranes, in low magnetic fields of low frequency (~20 Hz).
Magnetic metamaterials for biological applications
Metamaterials, whose functionality is controlled by external magnetic fields, aiming at biological applications. The materials consist of micromotors or microtweezers, comprising ferromagnetic particle pairs embedded in a polymer matrix, and magneto-elastic membranes.
- Svetlana PONOMAREVA (2017-2018)
- Alain TRUONG (2015-2017)
- Cécile NAUD (2015-2018)
- ABIOMATER, H2020 FET Open, 2015-2018
- APOTRIG, Agir PEPS Univ. Grenoble Alpes, 2015-2016
- Nano-Shark, ANR P2N, 2011-2016
- Cible2012, Rhône-Alpes land, 2012-2015
- Biomedial research center
- CLINATEC Lab/INSERM/CHU/UGA (targeted cancer cells and tumor destruction, in vitro & in vivo): François Berger (Neuro-cancerologist, tumor nano-medicine), Matthieu Dreyfus.
- Biology Laboratories
- INAC/SYMMES/LAN (toxicity, cancer cells, in vitro biological applications) Marie Carrière
- INAC/SYMMES/CREAB (surface biochemical functionalization) Yanxia Hou-Broutin
- TheREx/TIMC-IMAG, CNRS UMR 5525 (cancer cells) Bertrand Toussaint
- Microelectronics technology
- LTM (Nanofabrication using block copolymer template) Ahmad Bsiesy, Thierry Baron
- LTM (Microfluidics) David Peyrade
- Seminar : Tuning Magnetic Anisotropy in Nanostructures for Biomedical and Electromagnetic Applications (October 15th, 2018)
On Februray, 7, we have the pleasure to welcome in SPINTEC Hari Srikanth professor at University of South Florida (USA). He will give us an IEEE Distinguished Lecture (*) at 11:00, CEA/Spintec, Bat. 1005, room ...
- Masters thesis projects for Spring 2019 (October 10th, 2018)
You find here the list of proposals for Master-2 internships to take place during Spring 2019. In most cases, these internships are intended to be suitable for a longer-term PhD work. Interested Master-1 students are ...
- Single-particle mass spectrometry with nanomechanical resonators (October 04th, 2018)
Mass spectrometry (MS) is an essential tool in a broad variety of fields, with good efficiency up to the kDa mass range (~10-21 g). We demonstrate here Nano-electro-mechanical systems mass spectroscopy (NEMS-MS) with arrays of ...
- 24 months post-doctoral position : “Magnetically actuated nanoparticles for targeted cancer therapy” (October 24th, 2017)
The SPINTEC and SyMMES labs offer a 24 months post-doctoral position, starting in early 2018, on the design of magnetically actuated nanoparticles (NPs) for targeted cancer therapy. This work is part of the Nanoviber EuroNanomed2 ...
- Proposals for student internships for Spring 2018 (October 03rd, 2017)
You find here the list of proposals for Master-2 internships to take place during Spring 2018. In most cases, these internships are intended to be suitable for a longer-term PhD work. Interested Master-1 students are ...