The activity “Health and Biology” benefits from the know-how of the laboratory in magnetic materials, spin-electronics and nanofabrication. Our efforts are mainly focused towards the fabrication of engineered magnetic micro- nano- particles or devices, prepared by top-down approaches, specially designed for biomedical applications, such as cancer cells destruction triggering, tissue engineering.
Magnetic particles for cancer treatment
A biomedical application using anisotropic magnetic nanoparticles, aiming at the targeted destruction of cancer cells, by triggering their apoptosis / necrosis, thanks to the vibration of the particles attached to the membranes, in low magnetic fields of low frequency (~20 Hz).
Magnetic metamaterials for biological applications
Metamaterials, whose functionality is controlled by external magnetic fields, aiming at biological applications. The materials consist of micromotors or microtweezers, comprising ferromagnetic particle pairs embedded in a polymer matrix, and magneto-elastic membranes.
- Caroline Thébault (2018-2019)
- Svetlana PONOMAREVA (2017-2019)
- Alain TRUONG (2015-2017)
- Cécile NAUD (2015-2018)
- ABIOMATER, H2020 FET Open, 2015-2018
- APOTRIG, Agir PEPS Univ. Grenoble Alpes, 2015-2016
- Nano-Shark, ANR P2N, 2011-2016
- Cible2012, Rhône-Alpes land, 2012-2015
- Biomedial research center
- CLINATEC Lab/INSERM/CHU/UGA (targeted cancer cells and tumor destruction, in vitro & in vivo): François Berger (Neuro-cancerologist, tumor nano-medicine), Matthieu Dreyfus.
- Biology Laboratories
- INAC/SYMMES/LAN (toxicity, cancer cells, in vitro biological applications) Marie Carrière
- INAC/SYMMES/CREAB (surface biochemical functionalization) Yanxia Hou-Broutin
- TheREx/TIMC-IMAG, CNRS UMR 5525 (cancer cells) Bertrand Toussaint
- Microelectronics technology
- LTM (Nanofabrication using block copolymer template) Ahmad Bsiesy, Thierry Baron
- LTM (Microfluidics) David Peyrade
- Masters thesis projects for Spring 2020 (September 30th, 2019)
You find here the list of proposals for Master-2 internships to take place at Spintec during Spring 2020. In most cases, these internships are intended to be suitable for a longer-term PhD work. Interested Master-1 ...
- Magnetic control of optical responses of biocompatible magneto-elastic membranes (August 29th, 2019)
Numerous studies investigated the use of synthetic membranes for photonic or biomedical applications. We report here on a recent type of biocompatible magnetically actuated membranes, partly originating from studies on magnetic particles for biology, consisting ...
- Seminar – Suspensions of micro-fabricated sub-micron magnetic discs – Crossing a river to get water? (June 26th, 2019)
On Friday July 05 at 15:30 we have the pleasure to welcome Leon Abelmann from KIST Europe, Saarbrücken, Germany. He will give us a seminar at CEA/IRIG, Bat 1005, room 445 entitled : Suspensions of micro-fabricated ...
- PHD Defense – Magnetic particles for the treatment of cancer by magneto-mechanical effect, application to glioblastoma (March 14th, 2019)
On Friday 26 April at 9h30 Cécile NAUD from SPINTEC will defend her PHD entitled: Magnetic particles for the treatment of cancer by magneto-mechanical effect, application to glioblastoma Place : Palladium 2 (floor) Maison MINATEC (free entrance) Abstract: ...
- Seminar – Spin electronics for biological signal detection (November 20th, 2018)
On december 05, We have the pleasure to welcome Myriam Pannetier-Lecoeur senior scientist at Service de l’Etat Condensé at CEA Saclay. She comes at Grenoble for the PHD defense of Luc TILLIE at 14H. She ...